Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Captain 'Get back on your ship'

Lady Gull

Aug 6, 2011
West sussex
I'm starting to worry about NSC. Is no one going to comment on the fact that you can virtually see the whole of her left breast?

Oh I have...

Well I did wonder myself when someone was going to offer to go down with her - but it never materialised!!! I wondered what was going on?

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
How exactly is he going to do this...

The captain's sister, Giulia Schettino, ...... "My brother will demonstrate that he had no responsibility for what happened," she said.

When he has already said this....

The captain confirmed that he took the cruise liner close to Giglio’s rocky coast in order to give a ‘salute’ to an old colleague, a former Costa Cruises captain named Mario Palombo.

“It’s true that the salute was for Commodore Mario Palombo, with whom I was on the telephone. The route was decided as we left Civitavecchia but I made a mistake on the approach. I was navigating by sight because I knew the depths well and I had done this manoeuvre three or four times. But this time I ordered the turn too late and I ended up in water that was too shallow.

“I don’t know why it happened, I was a victim of my instincts.”

Sounds to me as if he had every responsibility for what happened.

CP 0 3 BHA

Nov 28, 2003
Northants
"I was trying to get people to get into the boats in an orderly fashion. Suddenly, since the ship was at a 60 to 70 degree angle, I tripped and I ended up in one of the boats. That’s how I found myself there."

This guy just keeps digging doesn't he!

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
How exactly is he going to do this...

When he has already said this....

Sounds to me as if he had every responsibility for what happened.

Oh great the light is good enough to navigate (i know the area well) but it is to dark to help resue people.

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
That reminds me of a story I heard whereby a man was hoovering naked, apart from his dressing gown, tripped and managed to get his penis stuck in the nozzle of the vacuum cleaner.

Or the story of Chris Peacock slipping in his bathroom and falling onto an electric toothbrush which got stuck up his bum

Last edited:

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
"I was trying to get people to get into the boats in an orderly fashion. Suddenly, since the ship was at a 60 to 70 degree angle, I tripped and I ended up in one of the boats. That’s how I found myself there."

along with my No2 & 3 and i am stuck there !! This will make some film.

Jan 19, 2009
Worthing
That's one big boat.

_57961240_spaceship_dg.jpg

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
The captain seems to have been completely hung out to dry by both his employers and the coastguard. Whatever happened to waiting for a proper enquiry? ???

Even more so now Lloyds of London have released satellite pictures showing the ship making a very similar detour last year WITH the authority of the company. While the Captain hasn't covered himself in glory there does appear to be a lot of arse covering going on and he could become the patsy for senior company people.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Apparently divers searching the cruise liner discovered two Glaswegians in the bar this morning.

They told the divers to "f*** off, we're all-inclusive".

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
Only a matter of time till something like this happened. Safety doesn't make revenue so most companies treat it as a necessary hassle.

Southy

Jul 7, 2003
It's pretty shocking watching on the news. I'm not surprised though - my mum always says - Italians are shifty - in the war it was a case of "last in, first out"!!!! Nothing changes obviously!!!
Your mum's a racist then. As someone who's half Italian and who's grandparents were involved in the strong fighting against the Nazi's in the Northern Tuscan area toward the end of WW2, she needs to learn her history as there were plenty of very brave Italians who fought fascism which ultimately lead to the overthrow of Mussolini. So all Italians are 'shifty' - what utter bollocks.

Lady Gull

Aug 6, 2011
West sussex
Your mum's a racist then. As someone who's half Italian and who's grandparents were involved in the strong fighting against the Nazi's in the Northern Tuscan area toward the end of WW2, she needs to learn her history as there were plenty of very brave Italians who fought fascism which ultimately lead to the overthrow of Mussolini. So all Italians are 'shifty' - what utter bollocks.

Maybe she is - I quite like em myself!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here