Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Capello sees Booby Z as star of the future

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
at 30! F**k me Zamora great but not the future surely and Owen Hargreaves, see Daily Mail!

Or rather Bobby!

bright1064

Dec 21, 2007
Brighton
Would've been nice to have seen him in South Africa rather than Heskey. Wouldn't have changed much of course but it would have been nice.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Much as I like BZ, if the future of England strikers lies with him or players of his ability we will remain f***ed.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I think Capello sees BZ as a short-medium term replacement for Heskey.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
I can't be arsed to read the article, but I still can't understand why Capello didn't give him a run out in one of the friendlies. I mean, what harm could it have done?

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
Think he may have been injured, could be wrong

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I can't be arsed to read the article, but I still can't understand why Capello didn't give him a run out in one of the friendlies. I mean, what harm could it have done?

Article suggests that BZ and Hargreaves would have at least been in the initial 30 man squad if they were fit.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
In some respects, maybe it's good Bobby didn't go. He's not tainted with association with what must be seen as a discredited bunch of players, but will instead be seen as a fresh answer.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Article suggests that BZ and Hargreaves would have at least been in the initial 30 man squad if they were fit.

Oh, thanks for that hon. I knew about Hargreaves but not about BZ. As others have already said, maybe their respective injuries actually did them a favour in the end - although there has to be doubts about Owen Hargreaves ever actually kicking a football again tbh. He's been greatly missed by England imo.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
everyones forgetting the Euro CHamps are just two years away....so that IS the future unless I'm stark raving mad!

anyway if BZ has another decent season then I see no reason why he wont play a part in the qualifiers, he does Heskeys job and scores.....'nuff said!

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Don't get me wrong I'd love to see Bobby get a few England caps but I had felt a thorough investigation into where we go from here might have been aimed at the U17's or U21's with some vision not a few late 20's players unassociated with the shite we took to SA.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Don't get me wrong I'd love to see Bobby get a few England caps but I had felt a thorough investigation into where we go from here might have been aimed at the U17's or U21's with some vision not a few late 20's players unassociated with the shite we took to SA.

it is, Capello has said the u21's are not good enough to step up yet. Zamora and Hargreaves got a mention because they are the only 2 that would have been in the initial 30 man squad if fit

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here