Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Capello has to go NOW

TheBlueAndWhiteStrips

May 27, 2009
Huntingdon
I think the problems are many and various, and cannot be resolved by the removal or appointment of one person.

A lot of people judge England matches by fire, passion, guts, determination etc, not by possession, intelligence, cleverness. Opposing fans see Brighton's style of play as 'boring' and 'selfish'. f*** it, they see Spain's football like that. This is how I feel Capello is being judged.

I saw snatches of England playing a more patient, possession-led style of football - the sort that Capello won trophies with. Capello has brought some younger players in, and at times they were playing some good passing football. This is work in progress, having seen that some of previous players under his management time have been one-pace, one-setting donkey airheads.

For everyone calling for Capello's head - have they considered that what problems there are will not go away (assuming he is the core problem in the first place) the moment he is sacked?

Good post. :clap:

Baby Potts

Banned
Jan 7, 2010
In A Coat
"Er, how did Spurs do last year in The Champions League ?.. Harry was shown up a little there ?"

Qualified from there group, personally I would imagine most Spurs fans would have taken that at the start of their qualifying game. IMO the England manager needs to be someone that can get these over paid prima donnas motivated as I don't believe they need coaching at that level. At the moment I don't see any of the players enjoying playing for the Italian idiot. Harry would get the players playing for him and England.

Passion isnt enough if you are technically behind the rest of the world

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
Passion isnt enough if you are technically behind the rest of the world

Does the England manager really have much influence on how good technically his players are, i would suggest he doesn't. I agree we are not technically as good as alot of any countries which is something that won't change in the next few years until we sort the coaching out throughout the football pyramid down to grass roots. The England manager is never going to influence the technical side of his players that is down to club coaches. This is why I can't see the point in keeping a passionless manager who, IMO, is only trying to save face and get a Euro qualification on his CV before he wanders off in to the sunset with his millions in the bank. I guess that the FA is to blame for that, but how you extend a contract of the manager before a major tournament which saw the worst performance that I have seen from an England side since Graham Taylor and therefore have to keep him on and then be forced to keep a guy who openly has said he is not seeking a new contract after 2012 is beyond me. How does this motivate the players as they know that someone else is in charge for the World Cup and surely the most patriotic fan will see that England have no chance of winning the Euros, so wouldn't this give a new manager same tournament experiance! Stand by my original post Capello needs to go now!

countryman

Jun 28, 2011
After watching the complete load of shite that is the latest England performance surely Capello must go sooner rather then later! I can't remember being quite so bored watching a match. He plays one up front against the might of Wales!
Personally I'd get Rednapp in now! The sooner this Italian buffoon does takes his money and does the off the better!

I couldn't agree more. I can't remember a more boring game then yesterdays. And Rednapp does seem to be the man for the job.

djm21

Sep 6, 2011
Like previous people have said firing one man won't change anything. We always recruit the best manager in the world at the time but does it make a difference? hell no!

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Passion has nought to do with it. Please can people stop holding onto that stupid word.

Also, if Capello - one of the consistently greatest managers in the world - can't do anything with these players, what makes you think his successor (almost definitely a worse manager) will fair better?

We were genuinely EXCELLENT for 2 years under Capello, leading up to the 2010 World Cup. Let's not forget that. I have no idea what happened at the tournament, in reality it was probably a combination of a lot of different factors.

I'm not suggesting Capello is perfect, but I don't see what change for change's sake will do.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
We were genuinely EXCELLENT for 2 years under Capello, leading up to the 2010 World Cup.

But this was against lesser ranked teams in the qualifying phase. When we eventually met a similar or higher ranked nation we came unstuck. It's the same cycle every 2 years, you may have noticed.

Marc1901

Peace out.
Apr 26, 2009
The Championship.
I'm not a keen admirer of Capello but he will be going after the European championships so just wait, then maybe we can get someone who can speak better English than him.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
But this was against lesser ranked teams in the qualifying phase. When we eventually met a similar or higher ranked nation we came unstuck. It's the same cycle every 2 years, you may have noticed.

No, what's frustrating is that we were battering teams as good as or better than Algeria and Slovenia. We were dicking those sorts of teams 4-0. Thats what depresses me more than the Germany game, how terrible we always are in group games against teams we would be comfortably outclassing just months before.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Not anti-Capello, but

that amazing stat that Gareth Barry has gained most caps under him is damning.

Take away any rose-tinted-Sussex view of Barry, and that player is so over-rated, particularly at International level.
His incredible lack of pace, put his fellow midfielders under so much pressure, and means attack minded central midfielders are sucked back to cover.
You have to be a special player to get into a midfield when that slow e.g. Zidane, Scholes.

Milner, Lampard & Barry too similar. Not special. Made Crofts (who was destroyed by Wilshere & Parker in Cardiff) look good!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here