Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Capello has to go NOW

Falkor

Banned
Jun 3, 2011
I'd go with Rooney, Cole, Terry and Hart myself. Although Hart hasn't fully proved it yet he is exceptional and has completely resolved that goalkeeping crisis we had not so long ago.

Add to that possibly Gerrard, Ferdinand and potentially Wilshire in a couple of years. I'd say all the above players are up there with the best in their position in the world.

Gerrard really Ferdinand 3/4 years ago and jack does have potential but still a long way to go.

tonymgc

Banned
May 8, 2010
Drive by abusing
Doesn't matter who the manager is untill the players stop shitting themselves & playing with fear everytime they pull on the England shirt we will struggle. And we can't use the excuse of the quality of players either, South Korea, Greece, Ghana all hardly awash with star players but succeeded at international level in the last decade while we've failed.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
I'm so apathetic about English football, I dont blame Capello- he has succeeded everywhere but as soon as he takes charge over England's team of perennial underachievers he's deemed to have failed. When, in reality, he has probably done well with the players he has available to manage.

The main problem is too many inflated egos, who are playing for themselves rather than for the team, and that's a grass routes problem that can only really be solved by FA. If there weren't so many big egos on mega bucks then maybe they would play for eachother and become more then there (albeit limited) individual parts.

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
god England fans are precious.

can you not just accept we're not all that but every now and again we have a little moment?

as Simster says nothing will change unless it changes from the very bottom.

Love how people think Harry Redknap would change anything. Probably the same people crying out for our 'saviour' Joe Cole last world cup. Ridiculous.

ArcticBlue

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex Inlander
Doesn't matter who the manager is untill the players stop shitting themselves & playing with fear everytime they pull on the England shirt we will struggle. And we can't use the excuse of the quality of players either, South Korea, Greece, Ghana all hardly awash with star players but succeeded at international level in the last decade while we've failed.

Could not agree more mate. It is hard to believe as that these players are decent quality. The fear seems to dominate the team as soon as they step onto the pitch (or maybe b4 too). There is little or no expression and yet again we fail to control the play .England should be able to dominate that game after going 1 up. I am soon to pass the point of caring. As sad as that maybe.

Gary Leeds

May 5, 2008
Would rather England be up the shit than Brighton without Poyet if Redknapp took the England job early.

Too bloody right I would too. The Brighton players go out there and give their all for club and the fans. The England players dont, some of them even decide they dont want to represent their country. Why should I be loyal to them when they cant even be loyal to their country and give their all for their country and their fans?

garethjamesuk

Jan 6, 2004
Eastbourne
I went to the game as well and thought we were rubbish, i did miss the first 20 minutes due to got stuck for a hour and half before kickoff due to Underground line muckup, i was only 10 mins ride away normally from Wembley but had to get 2 trains and a bus. i thought london was a total mess today and makes me soo proud not to be from there.
But back to todays game i thought best players for us was Smalling and Cahill, the rest were pretty bad, good goal but thats about it for £60 vs a poor wales team is not good.

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
I'm so apathetic about English football, I dont blame Capello- he has succeeded everywhere but as soon as he takes charge over England's team of perennial underachievers he's deemed to have failed. When, in reality, he has probably done well with the players he has available to manage.

The main problem is too many inflated egos, who are playing for themselves rather than for the team, and that's a grass routes problem that can only really be solved by FA. If there weren't so many big egos on mega bucks then maybe they would play for eachother and become more then there (albeit limited) individual parts.

Agree with this. I think we need to re-install a bit of pride in pulling on the shirt again. I would love a strong Clough-esque kind of manager to come in and on his first press conference make a statement that any player who declares himself unfit for England but then plays for his club three days later will be dropped from the squad indefinitely. It'd lay waste to half our squad but then we'd have a group of lads who we know really want to wear that shirt. Then we can start making them into a team that plays for each other.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Playing with fear? Do me a favour. How precious are these fools?

They lack technique, ideas and artistry.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
He should have gone the day after we exited the World Cup.

I would have had him out before that, I got panned on here for saying that.
Now pretty much everyone agrees its time he went.

ArcticBlue

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex Inlander
Capello got England thru the Q's with ease. It was during the run up to South Africa that it became clear his hard and fast rules of picking players who are fit and in form went out the window. Barry and it turns out Rooney were in no position to play. Barry whom had been relied upon solely for the Q's had no match sharpness and Capello would not take Parker. What ever you say about individuals every team needs Midfield General and England did not. Big fail there. Weather or not the players are dicks or not is irrelevant the job of the manager is to bond the team. Again fail.Gerard on the left. Give me a break, wasted outside. Capello had a team lacking top strikers and has many good midfielders and good wingers available so it was obvious to play 433. But he seemed unable or unwilling to move in that direction. Failed again.

Being a top manager means getting the most out of the players you have available and all he did was pick the safe bets and allowed factions to grow strong in the squad.

Oh and don't mention the goalkeeping debacle.

i could go on but this is getting boring. The guy is not a good fit for England i would also suggest he is tactically stuck in the past. The FA are ultimately responsible for England's failing.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Like others its frustrating how the only players who seem to get extended runs are those that play for the big 4, and they continually come back into the team despite disappointing games. Jagielka played so much better than Terry, but Terry is straight back in, and back with the armband. Parker had a good game so is dropped for Lampard. Quite what Leighton Baines did to deserve being dropped I have no idea. Young barely got a game when he was at Villa, sign him for United and he's first name on the teamsheet.

I think there should be two criteria for England manager - have managed in England and have won a major trophy. That's a shortlist of Ferguson, Wenger, Mourinho, Benitez, Redknapp, Ancelotti, Mancini, Hiddink.

zfleas

Aug 8, 2011
Worthing
I've got a fiver on redknapp being the next manager of england and then poyett to take his place, 18/1... seems likely to me

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
The fact Redkanpp is in today's sun saying that Capello was right to pick Lampard, that we 'relaxed' after scoring one and that John Terry picks himself (so he will picked irrespective of form) should be enough for Redknapp to be nowhere near the job next summer without his record of winning one FA cup despite spending a small fortune.

Paskman

Not a user
May 9, 2008
Chiddingly, United Kingdom
The longer Capello stays the better. England won't improve whoever is the manager and I don't want to give Spurs any opportunity to nick our Gus thank you very much!

Sent from - not telling as it upsets some people!

Capello has lost the plot for a few reasons that I can think off from the top of my head;
- he's unable to motivate the players. Maybe this shouldn't be necessary, but it's plain to see that the current batch are scared to play at Wembley; it's his job to sort that out
- his tactics are incredibly hit-and-miss; I could have told him that playing Lampard and Milner in a midfield 3 was never going to work
- he seems unwilling/unable to look long-term, and has stuck by the established players for too long to the detriment of the next manager

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here