Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Capello Confirmed - No English in backroom staff

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
As much as I love Italy, the people and the football team, I am somewhat uneasy having a press conference introducing a new England manager to the press and world, when he cant even say one word in English.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
As much as I love Italy, the people and the football team, I am somewhat uneasy having a press conference introducing a new England manager to the press and world, when he cant even say one word in English.

he started off in English Dave keep up :)

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Feel sorry for all of the England managers having to sit in these press conferences and face some of the most retarded questions ever from so called top sports writers!!

Thought Capello handled himself well but can't see him tolerating these kind of stupid questions when he gets his feet under the table!!

... and the lad he is employing as his translator can't do the job properly.

BBC News has made great play of the fact that Capello has promised to learn English "within a month" - and that, indeed is what his translator said.

If, on the other hand, you can speak Italian, you'll have noticed that Capello himself promised to be speaking the language "within months".

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here