Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

can't we have an away fan section?

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
Can you honestly tell me you've not taken a peek at The Holmesdale Online or the BBS? There are loads of Brighton on there, 1 or 2 Millwall (would be more but they just cant help using the 'c' word which gets you banned), 3 Charlton and a smattering of others from around the Championship. I will however say that in both forums it is rare to see posts from 'away' fans out of the 'Away Fans' section unless they are trolls.

Never. ???

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Can you honestly tell me you've not taken a peek at The Holmesdale Online or the BBS? There are loads of Brighton on there, 1 or 2 Millwall (would be more but they just cant help using the 'c' word which gets you banned), 3 Charlton and a smattering of others from around the Championship. I will however say that in both forums it is rare to see posts from 'away' fans out of the 'Away Fans' section unless they are trolls.

I look at the BBS once every 2 or 3 months, I reckon, and those brief glances are generally prompted by someone on here mentioning something specific which piques my curiosity. From what I gathered, most away fans on there are restricted to the away end as soon as their colours are known, so they are unable to post elsewhere. Maybe that perception is wrong - as I say, my visits are very infrequent.

I've come close to popping an away end in over the last week or so, but I'm still resistant to it. NSC has always been all-welcoming and I think that is one of our strengths. We give anyone and everyone a chance to join in and only take action if people prove they can't be trusted to show a little bit of respect. Banter and gentle teasing is fine - if Albion fans can't handle a bit of that on here, then they shouldn't be using the site. If it irks them so, they can put the 'bad users' on ignore. If the 'bad users' are really going too far they will be warned and/or banned.

Decent people who support all teams will always be welcome on NSC so long as I'm the custodian. I'm a firm believer that, colours aside, we are all the same. We have a love of football and most on here have spent most of their supporting days in the nether regions of the Football League, away from the glamour of the Premier League. We've all travelled a zillion miles in the hope of seeing a win, only to have to travel a zillion miles home feeling let down by our team who got stuffed. We've all had the elation of a last minute winner, and the despair of a last minute defeat. We are the same.

Play nicely and you're most welcome here. Act like a twat and you will be told to leave.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
No need for an away end , the whole ethos of NSC would disappear.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Don't get upset by the trolls....when we were top we only heard from one of them...now they are deservedly top they are giving it large.
Keep it as it is with regards banter...should'nt get uptight about the printed word.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Bloody Palace are getting on my winkles. When a certain Palace poster his reached 1000 posts then he's allowed to join the main board as then we'll know he's /she's not a troll and is more than welcome to contribute towards a good debate.

The majority are or was in favour but nothing was or done about it, why?
Sorry , this is going to rude but I can't help it. I would MUCH rather read abuse from Palace fans than whiny moans from twats like you. As has been pointed out there are other Brighton messsageboards with stricter policies on what users can or can't say to each other and maybe one of those would be a better forum for you.

And how would good threads be 'automatically transferred over'? And could the thread starter then post in his newly-transferred thread? You haven't even thought it through have you?

little al

Crystal Palace fan
Apr 4, 2009
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
I look at the BBS once every 2 or 3 months, I reckon, and those brief glances are generally prompted by someone on here mentioning something specific which piques my curiosity. From what I gathered, most away fans on there are restricted to the away end as soon as their colours are known, so they are unable to post elsewhere. Maybe that perception is wrong - as I say, my visits are very infrequent.

I've come close to popping an away end in over the last week or so, but I'm still resistant to it. NSC has always been all-welcoming and I think that is one of our strengths. We give anyone and everyone a chance to join in and only take action if people prove they can't be trusted to show a little bit of respect. Banter and gentle teasing is fine - if Albion fans can't handle a bit of that on here, then they shouldn't be using the site. If it irks them so, they can put the 'bad users' on ignore. If the 'bad users' are really going too far they will be warned and/or banned.

Decent people who support all teams will always be welcome on NSC so long as I'm the custodian. I'm a firm believer that, colours aside, we are all the same. We have a love of football and most on here have spent most of their supporting days in the nether regions of the Football League, away from the glamour of the Premier League. We've all travelled a zillion miles in the hope of seeing a win, only to have to travel a zillion miles home feeling let down by our team who got stuffed. We've all had the elation of a last minute winner, and the despair of a last minute defeat. We are the same.

Play nicely and you're most welcome here. Act like a twat and you will be told to leave.
A few Brighton (and other clubs) fans have free reign to post anywhere on the BBS, off the top of my head are Wigman and Fur Cough, possibly wehatepalace too. It is as you say, a respect thing. If you had an away section, I might take the piss a bit more, that is after all why it would be there. However, I like NSC just fine as it is.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
The problem won't go away if you create an away end.
Because we are doing so well at present, we will come on here to have some banter with you, likewise if the rolls were reversed.
By putting all away fans in one place, you will still get the wind ups and piss taking from both sides. It's seems all the wind ups are on Palace related threads, the majority started by yourselves! I don't see many non Palace threads being de railed by our fans.
The bottom line is grow a pair, take it on the chin, and give it back at the next opportunity ( not before Dec 1st !!)

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
The problem won't go away if you create an away end.
Because we are doing so well at present, we will come on here to have some banter with you, likewise if the rolls were reversed.
By putting all away fans in one place, you will still get the wind ups and piss taking from both sides. It's seems all the wind ups are on Palace related threads, the majority started by yourselves! I don't see many non Palace threads being de railed by our fans.
The bottom line is grow a pair, take it on the chin, and give it back at the next opportunity ( not before Dec 1st !!)
It's 'roles' you thick moron. 'rolls' are what you put your reconstituted ratmeat in, or whatever else passes for a culinary delicacy up in your slum. I dunno, thick pikey twats, don't they have schools up there etc etc etc

(But yes, abusive banter aside I agree with you 100%!) :thumbsup:

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
It's 'roles' you thick moron. 'rolls' are what you put your reconstituted ratmeat in, or whatever else passes for a culinary delicacy up in your slum. I dunno, thick pikey twats, don't they have schools up there etc etc etc

(But yes, abusive banter aside I agree with you 100%!) :thumbsup:

Thanks for the spelling lesson you turd burglar !
( JOKING !!) :lolol:

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Leave it as it is, it's only banter for goodness sake, creating an away section just because a few people don't like the fact Palace are doing better than us makes us look a bit silly doesn't it?...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here