Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cant believe Galloway is on CBB

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
The Great Cornholio said:
Perhaps the few blinkered people on here who actually LIKE the man will finally have their eyes opened. Whether or not you agree with his stance on Iraq, every single thing that man has ever done has been for the benefit of himself. And seeing him carried shoulder high by Asians after his election win was sickening. He picked a consituency with a majority of ethnic minorities (!), getting in solely on the Iraq ticket. And how does he repay these voters? By going on TV for up to 3 weeks to boost his ego even more. During a session of parliament when he should be doing his job.

Despicable little weasel. :angry:

Quite. I'm sure his constituents who have problems with housing/immigration officials/benefits etc and who might need his help are delighted that he's basking in the adulation of the public. Galloway's ONLY interest is in promoting himself - I'd rather vote Tory than vote for that self-obsessed, preening, loud-mouthed, narcissistic, fawning, hypocritical leech.

D'Angelo Saxon

SW19ULLS
Jul 30, 2004
SW19
Man of Harveys said:
I seriously doubt whether anyone on the programme, including George Galloway, had ever heard of Dennis Rodman before

Now I hardly think thats true....

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
D'Angelo Saxon said:
Now I hardly think thats true....

Why not? I doubt if many people in the country had heard of Denis Rodman before - he's scarcely a household name over here.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Richie Morris said:
Dennis Rodman is a MASSIVE name not just in sport but for shagging Madonna as well.

I would be surprised if they have not heard of him.

You really do talk rubbish sometimes. The British public have a really limited knowledge of people in the public eye - which is why newspapers love surveys that show that 80% of peole couldn't name the home secretary or the poet laureate. A foreign sports star would just not impinge on the radar of most people.

I'd never heard of him before this week and I'm sports-obsessed so he's not that 'massive'.

A quick straw poll around the office reveals that only one person out of 12 had heard of him - and that's in a young, well-informed cross section. I would be suprised if 5% of the country had heard of him before this week.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Well almost everyone I know has heard of him.

Other then Jordan, Rodman was the best known star of the great Chicago Bulls team at the same time as Basketball started to take off over here.

He was the most outgoing extravagent sports star in America at the time and one of the best players.

I think people in this country have a very good knowledge of celebs, just not of people like poets and politicians. Far more people will know who the last person Sven shacked up with is then could name a cabinet member.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
To be fair, Dennis Rodman did shag Madonna. Because that really narrows it down. :dunce: :dunce: :thud:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Richie Morris said:

Other then Jordan, Rodman was the best known star of the great Chicago Bulls team at the same time as Basketball started to take off over here.

He was the most outgoing extravagent sports star in America at the time and one of the best players.

I think people in this country have a very good knowledge of celebs, just not of people like poets and politicians. Far more people will know who the last person Sven shacked up with is then could name a cabinet member.

No he wasn't. The Bulls were NBA champs from 90/91 - 93-94. Rodman was still with the Pistons at this time. After a couple of seasons at the Spurs he ended up at the Bulls when they won three more (I think) titles. Undoubtedly the second famous player in that Bulls team was Scotty Pippen.

(I am a big basketball/NBA fan - just can't be arsed to go into it on that other thread)

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Richie Morris said:

You're confusing your own peer group with the wider public. If we asked people on NSC who John Keeley or Keith Cuss were, most people on here would know but outside of NSC they would be complete unknowns. I think that basketball players come into the category of complete unknowns to middle-aged couples in Droitwich.

And since when has basketball 'taken off' over here?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Richie Morris said:
Yeah I concede on Scotty Pippen but Rodman has been one of the best players in recent years AND one of the most well known.

I know him but I truly don't believe more than 10% of the UK population will.

The NBA is very low profile here. Would most people be able to name one current NBA player? I think not. Some may recall "that really tall big black bloke", and a few will remember his name is "something like Shaq" but that would be it. I reckon less (and probably way less) than 5% of the UK population would be able to name 2 NBA players.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
The man has a 14 inch cock. How could you NOT have heard of him :eek:

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Easy 10 said:
The man has a 14 inch cock. How could you NOT have heard of him :eek:

Out of interest, is that on the slack or tumescent?

:glover:

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Davina said the Rodman was taking in a supply of Extra Large condoms so it is unlikely you are going to see Rodman's money shot on Chantelle's face I am afraid Easy

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Bozza said:
I know him but I truly don't believe more than 10% of the UK population will.

The NBA is very low profile here. Would most people be able to name one current NBA player? I think not. Some may recall "that really tall big black bloke", and a few will remember his name is "something like Shaq" but that would be it. I reckon less (and probably way less) than 5% of the UK population would be able to name 2 NBA players.

Quite. I certainly couldn't.

I'm a massive cricket fan and could name the current test teams for most of the test -playing countries but I'm fully aware that the names would be unknown to 98% of the public. And that's for a sport that's big over here.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I agree BB is not the best platform but if you want to spread your ideology to the masses it is probably the best way...and equally a sad inditement of our nation.

I agree with most of his ideology.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here