Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] cannabis stink

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Almost all sniffer dogs at football are scare tactics and the ones who are genuine would almost certainly not being trying to sniff out a bloody tens of weed.
They do though. Cornered my son at Newcastle this season and Fulham in the championship promotion season

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
They do though. Cornered my son at Newcastle this season and Fulham in the championship promotion season

Made me wonder. I know nothing about police dogs but why would the police take “fake dogs” along when they have dogs they’ve spent tens of thousands training up?

Surely public events like football matches are exactly why they have drug dogs?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I must admit, although I don't smoke it, I really like the smell of it.

Not sure I would want my house smelling of it as it's very pungent, but it's a fairly nice odour?

Cannabis resin yes, grass nah it’s overpowering, well at least the stuff around these days....imo

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Made me wonder. I know nothing about police dogs but why would the police take “fake dogs” along when they have dogs they’ve spent tens of thousands training up?

Drugs and pyro was what we were told they were looking for at Newcastle. Decent guys up there - said to him that they'd look away and he could chuck whatever he had in the bin. He didn't have anything though, just the stench from student housing. Unlike at Fulham a couple of seasons before...

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
Snitches get stitches

Only because those that stab or worse are violent, armed, sociopathic criminals from the dregs of our society, just the sort of pillars we want in every community eh? Team Drugs me, every time. Lovely people just trying to make a living eh?

Dancin Ninja BHA

Jul 6, 2003

Those damn dogs!!

Few years back on the concourse at Brighton station before a game, two dogs and their handlers doing the rounds. I was standing there innocently, one of said dogs came and sat down next to me (thereby indicating to his handler that I was in possession of drugs!)

My response to plod was "sorry lads, your dog has got it wrong. Haven't done drugs for 20 years!!" (true!) What a farce that was, being searched for gear that I didn't have.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Only because those that stab or worse are violent, armed, sociopathic criminals from the dregs of our society, just the sort of pillars we want in every community eh? Team Drugs me, every time. Lovely people just trying to make a living eh?
So you think everyone who grows weed is a violent criminal??? You couldn’t be more wrong.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel

There’s normally a couple of real ones mixed with some that are there as deterrents. Spot a bloke acting dodgy when they see a dog and they’re probably worth collaring. It happens a lot at festivals etc.

They’re tricky and expensive to train. Obviously airports and stuff like that are priority so stadiums, festivals etc often rely on a psychological level of work.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
There’s normally a couple of real ones mixed with some that are there as deterrents. Spot a bloke acting dodgy when they see a dog and they’re probably worth collaring. It happens a lot at festivals etc.

They’re tricky and expensive to train. Obviously airports and stuff like that are priority so stadiums, festivals etc often rely on a psychological level of work.

Makes sense.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
So you think everyone who grows weed is a violent criminal??? You couldn’t be more wrong.

The people who ultimately control this illicit trade are not who any sane person would want to count as a friend. They and it destroys lives. And no, I’m not taking about the relatively few people with MS etc. But you knew that already.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
Sounds a good reason to legalise it to me.

Entirely different matter. As it stands, it’s still illegal. And ultimately controlled/distributed by some rather unpleasant individuals who tend to wreck havoc on (civilised) society I.e. criminals. That’s all.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Yes it does stink and users can be smelt a mile away. One of the reasons I was put off it as my sense of smell is very keen and it smells like shit.
Beer smells like shit, but somehow I find it more acceptable.

Carlos BC

May 10, 2019
My missus seems to have a very keen nose for it and often smells this when we are out for a walk. I never notice until she points it out and then it is obvious. One of our neighbours seems to like a bit, get a good waft coming over in the summer months

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here