Votes: 40 55.6%

• Total voters

Mar 29, 2010
Under your skin.
Nothing wrong with the odd bit of reefa. :smokin:

griff9

Mar 17, 2009
brighton
Cannabis is good and bad, it can often be down to the user... in moderation it is a fantastic substance and not as harmful when compared to alcohol or cigarettes, however the body is something that should be pure, and with anything in life moderation is key, that is where its down to the user.

One thing is for certain with cannabis, and thats the fact that medicinally it is a fantastic drug. I think we are ignorant to not realize this... Recreationally it is a different argument as to whether it should be legal, i think it should because some people mix with it better then they do with alcohol (me included).

I do feel that we as a country are getting no where by just keeping it illegal and that regulation hasn't worked.... educate and moderate people not regulate... people will always ingest cannabis if they want... half the problem is the fact that when they do buy it, they're funding slave labour, prostitution and all sorts of gangs... where as that money could be going towards schools, hospitals and prisons (our government)..

I'd also like to remind people as it hasn't been mentioned previously that cannabis doesn't have to be smoked it can be eaten or put in a vaporizer. Which is far less harmful to the user... however as stated previously everyone is different and its not for everyone... i just feel its silly to label it how the media has.....

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Call to Decriminalise Drugs

Ex-politicians and businessman only. It is not political expedient to vote for change. You lose your job. Thats because the guardians get the vote.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Well I think it's a complete waste of Police and the courts resources chasing the odd stoner

But here is a point. I used to be of the opinion that legalising cannabis would lead to a decrease in crime. But I changed my mind after seeing what is happening with fags.

Cigarette smoking is legal but the illegal production and export is a massive business... and growing.

Legalising it may actually increase the demand and there will always be someone willing to produce/buy it cheaper to avoid the inevitable high taxation that governments will apply.

griff9

Mar 17, 2009
brighton
Well I think it's a complete waste of Police and the courts resources chasing the odd stoner

But here is a point. I used to be of the opinion that legalising cannabis would lead to a decrease in crime. But I changed my mind after seeing what is happening with fags.

Cigarette smoking is legal but the illegal production and export is a massive business... and growing.

Legalising it may actually increase the demand and there will always be someone willing to produce/buy it cheaper to avoid the inevitable high taxation that governments will apply.

i see your point but at the same time, why would an increase in supply (legalizing) lead to an increase in demand? if there is more supply around then available now then why would that lead to a bigger increase in demand?

and if there was a big demand for untaxed cannabis then the amount produced would surely be a lot less then it is now (as it would be legal), meaning that the government would have more of a chance fighting against it then they do now, and they could punish those caught badly enough to put others off doing the same / make it not worth their while.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

They rarely do though. Most people getting caught with weed end up with a caution or less. The ones who get charged are usually people with large amounts, ones with dozens of previous convictions, or ones who are being charged with other offences at the same time (ie there's no point in giving a person a caution for one offence and then charging them with burglary, theft and ABH at the same time).

The other interesting thing is that a lot of people on here seem to consider weed and alcohol as mutually exclusive, as though people either do one or the other. I've dealt with as many drunks caught in possession of cannabis as sober types, probably more. Perhaps it's an addictive personality thing, I don't know. You also get plenty of heroin addicts who use weed.

At the end of the day, it's not the worst thing in the world, but it is still smoking. The majority of people tend to agree these days that smoking is a bad thing because of the inherent health risks, so it amuses me that the same people don't consider the idea of lighting up a joint on a regular basis to be the same thing.

Seagull kimchi

Oct 8, 2010
Korea and India
It's ridiculous really. If you grow your own shit and control your own shit. - Whose business is it apart from your own? We who know the benefits of the occasional blast serve ourselves.

Nuff said. Hear me?

Ps. Does anyone remember the Ullulators? I've just found a site to download all their early cassettes - pure memories. PM if u understand.

Last edited:

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
They rarely do though. Most people getting caught with weed end up with a caution or less. The ones who get charged are usually people with large amounts, ones with dozens of previous convictions, or ones who are being charged with other offences at the same time (ie there's no point in giving a person a caution for one offence and then charging them with burglary, theft and ABH at the same time).

The other interesting thing is that a lot of people on here seem to consider weed and alcohol as mutually exclusive, as though people either do one or the other. I've dealt with as many drunks caught in possession of cannabis as sober types, probably more. Perhaps it's an addictive personality thing, I don't know. You also get plenty of heroin addicts who use weed.

At the end of the day, it's not the worst thing in the world, but it is still smoking. The majority of people tend to agree these days that smoking is a bad thing because of the inherent health risks, so it amuses me that the same people don't consider the idea of lighting up a joint on a regular basis to be the same thing.

edna has it right but she is in fairness at the sharp end. every druggy of all persusians and drugs of choice i have known in brighton has been a pot head or partaken as well of whatever they moved on to. its not like its an exclusive club. i have known coutless smack and crack heads in brighton who get through industrial levels of puff too. its not like people smoking weed have been at home watching the doors on video while everyone else is out burgling.

makes me laugh talking about puff in brighton there are far bigger fish to fry. i have been a lot of places in britain but f*** me brighton takes the piss when it comes to druggyness.

osgood

Apr 17, 2011
brighton
good post griff9,
one mans meat is another mans...forgot the rest,
fact is it all depends whos using, and what sort of mood hes in ,
no-one, in thier right mind! should choose to have a spliff with just any random these days,

griff9

Mar 17, 2009
brighton
Cannabidiol - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Sort of explains why these skunk users are psychotic.

Fair enough if you believe that, but in that same wikipedia article it speaks of how CBD (cannabidiol) could be anti-physcotic...

CBD is the chemical their used to be quite a lot of in cannabis in the 60's and their used to be less THC... now a days there is less CBD and more THC.. when cannabis is grown naturally outside it produces both CBD and THC (high content CBD, Low content THC) when its grown under lights now a days its grown for a high yield of THC, which in turn lowers the CBD content... (you can't have high contents of both)....

The schizophrenic situation has occurred more in modern times then in the past generations such as the 60's because the THC content is higher now a days but thats not to say THC is solely to be blamed, because it could be because of the lack of CBD (perhaps they even each other out?).

The fact is no one really knows why some people react badly to cannabis but my opinion of it is that its more to do with the persons brain chemistry... in my opinion the schizophrenia is probably already in the person deep inside them somewhere without them even knowing and either the THC or the CBD, more likely the prior, triggers the schizophrenia or other mental issue out of them.... so in my opinion cannabis may trigger these illnesses but in no way is it the cause of them...

sorry for the essay but in my opinion CBD is anti-physcotic and is the last thing in cannabis causing the trigger of mental disorder if anything its the THC

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Well I expect I agree with you. But I was thinking of the nutters on skunk, personality disorders (most people seem to think) and they were probadly driven over the edge by the weed. If they use alcohol, at least they are more likely to fall over. You can see them coming and get out of the way.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here