Cannabis, good or bad?

• Cannabis is GOOD.

Votes: 32 44.4%
  • Cannabis is BAD.

Votes: 40 55.6%

• Total voters

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
If you have any family links to Schizophrenia or other mental health related problems then smoking it is like lighting the touch paper. But most young people don't consider things like this.

Smoking in general is not good, so I can't see how it can be "good" if you are smoking?

As mentioned above it helps symptoms of certain illnesses then, in some aspects it could be classed as "good".

This could be debated all day and night.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
i grow and smoke my own in soil in the garden 100% organic......i have a spliff with a mate or two and i am well happy.

a concretor mate of mine grows genetically modified seeds from amsterdam , he grows them hydro stylee , he pumps them full of super phosphates and even steroids............he is a f***ing lunatic , totally scrambled , he has a few bongs and a few jd and cokes and starts slurring and gurning like he's done five pills. there is a difference.

as others have said ,it's ok in moderation......it's not the best thing to over do though.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I abstained. I do not think that cannabis causes mental health problems or criminal behaviour (other than the illegal behaviour of consuming it and the suppliers trading it because it is illegal). It does not make them any more likely to be violent other than by loosening inhibitions and alcohol is better at that. It impairs judgement.

Have a smoke and think about it.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Don't think the question is that helpful because it's more complicated than good or bad.

Is cannabis good? No, not really Should cannabis be banned? Not at all - a stupid law

Marc1901

Peace out.
Apr 26, 2009
The Championship.
Don't think the question is that helpful because it's more complicated than good or bad.

Is cannabis good? No, not really Should cannabis be banned? Not at all - a stupid law

Can't change it now, but needed a poll. My NSC is really playing up today for some reason?

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
I abstained. I do not think that cannabis causes mental health problems

There are plenty of studies proving otherwise.

Also, if you're smoking we're all excluding damage of smoking...Cancer.

The problem now is 1960 cannabis was a lot different to todays Skunt that many smoke, which as Sydney says gets mixed with other drugs.

Nothing like an old smoker is there :lol:

fork me

I have changed this
Oct 22, 2003
Gate 3, Limassol, Cyprus
This is a topic which can be 'debated' for a long time.

So people of NSC what do you think about cannabis, is it a drug which you think should be legalised and causes no harm to anybody or do you believe its a menace to society and can cause health severe health problems?

In America people can get legally prescribed cannabis and it's not seen as a big thing over there as it is here.

Professor David Nutt the government's former chief drug advisor believed that Alcohol was more harmful then many illegal drugs including Cannabis and ecstasy.

What do you all think?

I don't think it's a question that can be answered as simple as "good or bad" with no other options. There are several good points about cannibis, there's lots of medical conditions that can be eased by it's use. It's great for unwinding after a stressful day, and no-one goes out and starts fights when they've been smoking dope. It's also true that the nicotine in your joint is far more addictive than the cannabis.

However, there is evidence pointing to long term brain damage, and overuse does make people totally f***ing useless. I'm sure we've all known "dopeheads" who smoke way two much and hardly ever seem to even be awake, let alone alert.

Like any drug it has its pros and cons. I'm an occasional user. Do I think it should be legalised? Possibly, although it should definitely be age restricted if it is.

fork me

I have changed this
Oct 22, 2003
Gate 3, Limassol, Cyprus
Skunk was around 15 years ago, no one thought it "dangerous" compared to normal weed then. just a bit stronger and more hallucinagenic. or has "skunk" itself changed? i think not, it would have a different name if it were a different strain.

No, actually, Icy Gull does have a point here. Today's skunk has a higher concentration of THC.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
I'd say bad.

Not pro drugs at all but I'm always shocked by how MDMA/Ecstacy is considered so bad when in fact, it isn't.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Pros and cons just like any drug.

The thing I don't get in these debates is the hypocrisy of people who drink alcohol, smoke tobacco and consume caffiene and then in the same breath say how bad weed, coke and mdma is. Some politicans in America decided what drugs we should and shouldn't take, I'd imagine the established Tobacco and alcohol companies had a big part to play when it was decided what should be legal. The majority of people will just accept what they're told.

cheesy77

Feb 18, 2009
Not a fan. Smoked it a few times with little effect. Then decided to have a hash brownie in Amsterdam, having not eaten all day. Then proceeded to have my first ever panic attack, f***ing terrifying experience. A quick internet search will tell you how many other people experience this and then have weeks of increased anxiety afterwards.
I'll certainly never touch the stuff again.

fataddick

Feb 6, 2004
The seaside.
A lot depends on what job people do. A surgeon having a couple of spliffs before an operation makes sense because it steadies his hand, but I wouldn't want an air traffic controller to smoke it at work in case it makes him slower to react when planes are on collision course.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
Some politicans in America decided what drugs we should and shouldn't take, I'd imagine the established Tobacco and alcohol companies had a big part to play when it was decided what should be legal.

you not heard of prohibition.

i would say a good percantage of todays european alcohol producers or their descendants were well established at the time the entire population of america was going woowooowooowoowoo round a totem pole or getting arrows fired through their hats.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
No, actually, Icy Gull does have a point here. Today's skunk has a higher concentration of THC.

i accept that. but its not "new" and there are other strains that are higher. its a word the tabloids have picked up on, to make it different from the joints they and their readership had in their youth, so they can pretend not to be hypocrites.

fruitnveg

Jul 22, 2010
Waitrose. Veg aisles
Colour me a stoner.

I'd like to add further to beorhthelm's post as below...

i accept that. but its not "new" and there are other strains that are higher. its a word the tabloids have picked up on, to make it different from the joints they and their readership had in their youth, so they can pretend not to be hypocrites.

The arguments regarding skunk only hold water while weed is illegal. If legalised/regulated it would be produced to safer or standardised strength.

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
If we were all smoking cannabis, would the Government cuts be easier to bear? Probably but hate the smell of it. I think it's OK for pain relief purposes.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here