Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Canizares save last night

Gonzo

Apr 7, 2007
After seeing the Canizares save again, I have to admit, it's probably not in the same league as some others including ones from Banks, Schmeichel and Seaman.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
I don't think it's that great a save. If he had pushed it away instead of up it would have been average....

Grizz

NSC Patron
Jul 5, 2003
Kuipers save against Blackpool truly as Banksesque. I thought it was in all the way and couldn't believe he saved it.

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
Canizares save was good, but Kuipers would've caught it, saving the possibility of conceding from the resulting corner.He would've kicked it out conceding a throw in instead.:rolleyes: :lolol:

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
SULLY COULDNT SHOOT said:
Kuipers..... Kuipers!!!!!! :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy:

Number 1 - He's a Div 1 keeper at best

Do us goakkeepers a favopur..... stop making a legend out a HALF DECENT goalkeeper!!!...

1) Regardless of the level you, or I, or anyone else thinks he is consistently capable of, are you really saying that the only people capable of greatness, no matter how fleeting, are those that are consistently at the very top end of their respective fields?

2)With your signature and your second paragraph I can only applaud your splendid use of irony!:clap:

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
Eric Steele vs West Brom was compared to the Banks save at the time...
God how do I remember that nugget?

Pele describes Banks' save as the best he had ever seen. Coming from him, that's a 'fairly decent' endorsement.
Banks was on the other side of the goal when the ball from Jairzinho, and made tracks to the more respectable mid-goal line. Pele headed that toward the ground, and I believe it was around ground level or just after-bounce when he got to it at full stretch.

Canizares, while very good, just-about had his feet leave the ground, from where he stood mid-goal, for a waist-high ball that practically maintained original trajectory.
The only superior factor is that the replay is better quality and colour.

Gordon Banks :bowdown:

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
SULLY COULDNT SHOOT said:
Kuipers..... Kuipers!!!!!! :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy:

Number 1 - He's a Div 1 keeper at best
NUmber 2 - He makes average saves look fantastic!

Do us goakkeepers a favopur..... stop making a legend out a HALF DECENT goalkeeper!!!...
An amazing save is an amazing save at any level. Kuipers double stop against Wolves was amazing and any keeper would've been proud of it.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
If Kuipers is nominated, then may i put forward Ben Roberts against Bradford!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here