Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Canadian Grand Prix

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
So Kobayashi decided not to pit and could get 2nd place, stupid to say the least

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I thought they were too quick to bring out the safety car in the rain. Although, the red flag was the correct decision.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
So Kobayashi decided not to pit and could get 2nd place, stupid to say the least

As was the tyre situation during the red flag at Monaco, it need to change. However, I do love Kobayshi, so would be happy to see him in the podium.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
how long under a red flag scenario is the race declared a result ?

it cant be too long. i recall a couple of years ago, theres a fixed end time the race must finish by (to fit in with TV boringly). if the estimated time at race pace will take it past that time, they'll stop it. after 25 laps im not sure it will count, think they have to do at least 2/3 the laps, or half points for 1/2 laps or something.

Yoda

English & European
Did they not drive in these conditions 15+ years ago? I remember watching on tv at Spa on year (Senna, Prost, Mansell, Pique era) and the rain was 2-3 time worse and they still drove in it.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Did they not drive in these conditions 15+ years ago? I remember watching on tv at Spa on year (Senna, Prost, Mansell, Pique era) and the rain was 2-3 time worse and they still drove in it.

I just posted almost exactly the same thing on facebook (great minds...). I remember worst about 7 years ago in Malaysia.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Race suspended and Coultard is a complete cock in the commentary box, wish he would f*** off.

Not to worry top line up on BBC2 tonight - Top Gear, James Mays Toys then Coast

Is top gear new series?

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Those fans look like they're at Withdean.

Oh my GOD I can't believe I'll never have to huddle under a poncho to watch the Albion again :clap:

I almost want it to lash it down for the first game just so I can revel in the glorious luxury of a ROOF.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I've just been to do the washing up... did I miss anything? Is there a start time yet?

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles
not new series as far as im aware?

I do like Hamiltons 'f*** it i'm gonna have a go' attitude though, makes it much more interestingm shame he couldn't continue really

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

Except Vettell said it was undriveable as did Button, there is no way that they will over ride that and make them race. I remember when James Hunt won his world championship in Japan that the rain was so bad that Nikki Lauda refused to race, so they raced without him. I would just f***ing LOVE it if they told Vettell they were gonna race whether he liked it or not.

Brundle has had a grumble about exactly this but teacher's pet Coulthard always agrees with the stewards

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Glad to see Rihanna has come dressed for the weather conditions.

...and now taking a great interest in Lewis Hamilton's tiny cockpit. As it were.

Last edited:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
it cant be too long. i recall a couple of years ago, theres a fixed end time the race must finish by (to fit in with TV boringly). if the estimated time at race pace will take it past that time, they'll stop it.

which is apparently a load of bollocks.

from what they are saying, i think it maybe because the modern cars are much lower and will just sit/float/aqua-plane on the water. loved the waterploughs but they seemed to be doing very little.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here