Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Canadian Grand Prix

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
I moaned, whinged and whined my way through today's GP. I still think they have no idea of what F1 is all about compared to 20 years and more ago ... it rains, they don't race, what's that all about? However what a brilliant outcome, best race for bloody ages!

Whilst I much prefer the races with some rain in them, there were rivers running down that track at one point - they would have aqua-planed all over the place, there was no way they could have run in that. Having said that, they did far too many laps on the restart behind the safety car, ridiculous when cars were able to immediately put on inters.

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
I moaned, whinged and whined my way through today's GP. I still think they have no idea of what F1 is all about compared to 20 years and more ago ... it rains, they don't race, what's that all about? However what a brilliant outcome, best race for bloody ages!

Check this out, from 25 seconds in. Imagine this but with no run-off areas, just walls for the drivers to plough into...

The safety car would have been out for 70 laps while they picked up the pieces... had to be red flagged to get any form of race, not just because things have changed in the last 20 years...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here