Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Can you watch another team with any interest?

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
I do like to watch the occasional Chelsea game at Stamford Bridge with my nipper, I would'nt pay the asking price for premier league games again but cup and champions league group games are normally quite cheap.

Vicar!

Jul 22, 2003
Worthing
My other team is 'Schalke 04' and yes I can really get into the game. If I could get a ticket I would go more often.

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
Reading half man half biscuits recent visit to the Nou Camp (Camp Nou) and the list of other european matches he has watched, made me think.

Unlike Mr Half, I really cannot not generate any interest in watching "live" any other side. Whilst living in Wakefield I went along to the Champions of Europe. playing Ac Milan and a couple of top level games.

I really could not get behind them and spent any non Albion sporting time, following Wakefield Trinity RL side.

What about your self, I know Herr Tubby pops over to German matches etc.

So, do you not like the sport known as football?

So, do you not like the sport known as football?

Oh yes, but I cannot generate that buzz, the commitment, the sense of life or death by watching anyone else?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Before really getting into the Albion I followed Aston Villa as a kid, and continue to follow them, am planning to get to a few games but Brighton will always be my first side.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
I love going to see football matches abroad just for the craic... but no, it's not the same. I don't punch the air and do a jig when another team scores.

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
I never really watch football on TV , I find it boring. Espically Man United V Chelsea.

If that game was being played in my back garden, i wouldn't watch it.

Slough Seagull

Bye Bye Slough
Nov 23, 2006
Will watch any game with 'interest' but seldom care who wins.

The exception is, of course, my first and only love - the Albion! None of this I used to/do support someone else crap here.

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
of course you wouldnt, these games usually decide who is going to be champions , which of course has nothing to do with spurs . :lol::lol:

:glare:. Strange comment.

I dont mind watching Non league football on Setanta, but even though i support a premiership team, i dont really like it as a league, so i try and watch as little as possible.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Its really strange as I find myself getting more "involved" with watching Town games. I suppose its because the Albion has become so sterile and frustrating.

I normally see Town three or four times a season, not including the Brighton games and I suppose it may be something to do with it being a novelty, but I get very animated sometimes. My brother is actually worse than me, and he left Huddersfield as a babe in arms, so he has no tie to them at all. We went to Bournemouth together to watch Town last year I think it was and was nearly chucked out twice for "over reacting"...at one point I was nearly on the pitch after a particularly bad challenge on the Town full back.

I really like watching Villa on the telly. they are a class act and play some superb stuff

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I tend to watch Wolves between 5 and 10 times a season - my other half is a fan. I must admit, whilst I will never care about them as much as the albion, they at least are a good team to watch.

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
Oh yes, but I cannot generate that buzz, the commitment, the sense of life or death by watching anyone else?

well, yeah, but is that the only reason you are into the Albion? Surely seeing a great football match is seeing a great football match.

i can't stand Real Madrid, but seeing Zidane and Ronaldo play was one of the highlights of my football watching 'career'. Particularly Zidane. Some of his touches would have me on my feet drooling (while all the Madrilenos sat on their fat arses)

I take your point that you only get the buzz from watching Brighton, but not to have any interest in good football seems a bit odd to me when you are obviously well into the sport

well, yeah, but is that the only reason you are into the Albion? Surely seeing a great football match is seeing a great football match.

i can't stand Real Madrid, but seeing Zidane and Ronaldo play was one of the highlights of my football watching 'career'. Particularly Zidane. Some of his touches would have me on my feet drooling (while all the Madrilenos sat on their fat arses)

I take your point that you only get the buzz from watching Brighton, but not to have any interest in good football seems a bit odd to me when you are obviously well into the sport

perhaps "interest" may not have been the best word - your honour - but I suppose because i have so much commitment to the Albion, I cannot get emotionally motivated by other sides,

I am definately not a " my favoured premiership side is................

Though I might watch Man U v Chelsea if they played on my back garden.

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
perhaps "interest" may not have been the best word - your honour - but I suppose because i have so much commitment to the Albion, I cannot get emotionally motivated by other sides,

I am definately not a " my favoured premiership side is................

Though I might watch Man U v Chelsea if they played on my back garden.

from reading the whole thread I think 'interest' was the wrong word:D

I'd definitely watch Manure Chelsea in my background. Be hilarious. How'd they'd fit in and get past the washing machine would be entertainment in itself

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here