Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Can you keep up?

Don Quixote

Nov 4, 2008
What is all this rubbish? We have a way better team than they do. We should beat able to come above them at the end of the season.

Hunting 784561

Jul 8, 2003
Stains are the greatest footballing behemoth in the entire Meridian TV ( West ) region.

We must all bow down and acknowledge their vast greatness and superiority.

We are NOT worthy.

MACROBLUE

Jul 9, 2011
Yeah I think Soton are favourites to go up after their start to the season. I will be happy for us to consolodate this season. The main thing for me is to strengthen our squad and to see some good football played.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
We were top for 3 weeks, you've been top less than 3 days...... well done on winning the league in September

Bowers-sfc

forever red, never blue
Feb 20, 2011
You lot are happy to give a bit of banter when your top of the league, but as soon as were JUST above you, you get all bitter.

cheer up lads.

by the way, lambert is not going to toon, I know for a fact, 100% he loves it here and so do his family. has stated he wants to finish at saints and recently brought a new house.

adam lallana will be here until the end of the season, if we go up he will stay, but if we fail to get promotion then he has earnt a move to the premier league.

D

Deleted member 18477

You lot are happy to give a bit of banter when your top of the league, but as soon as were JUST above you, you get all bitter.

cheer up lads.

by the way, lambert is not going to toon, I know for a fact, 100% he loves it here and so do his family. has stated he wants to finish at saints and recently brought a new house.

adam lallana will be here until the end of the season, if we go up he will stay, but if we fail to get promotion then he has earnt a move to the premier league.

money talks bellend. lambert will go if he's offered more money by a bigger club. don't you know anything about football these days?! (yes there are bigger clubs out there than southampton believe it or not!)

Bowers-sfc

forever red, never blue
Feb 20, 2011
I know there are alot bigger clubs then southampton, and I know that money talks.

BUT I dont think a bigger club then saints will want him. hes 30 years old, and only had a few good seasons in league one and a handful of good games in the championship.

it would be a big risk that I cant see bigger clubs with big ambitions making.

D

Deleted member 18477

I know there are alot bigger clubs then southampton, and I know that money talks.

BUT I dont think a bigger club then saints will want him. hes 30 years old, and only had a few good seasons in league one and a handful of good games in the championship.

it would be a big risk that I cant see bigger clubs with big ambitions making.

what are you on about? rumours have it newcastle are looking at him. hes got 5 years left in him easily as hes a fat shit so he's never moved well in his career anyway. and newcastle are a much bigger club than southampton. fact! and pardew knows him well...

i personally can see it happening. its not very often you get an opportunity to play prem football as a footballer, so when that opportunity comes around you have to grab it. and by doing so you finance the rest of your life! unfortunetly money makes the world tick these days and not just love for a club. if southampton are still top by january he may hold out with the saints and fair play to him then because the same interest might not be there come the summer.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
What is all this rubbish? We have a way better team than they do. We should beat able to come above them at the end of the season.

They will score a lot more goals than we will, already 8 goals ahead (more than a goal a game). And couple that with a decent defence (not as strong as ours mind), they definitely a formidable side they will do well to keep up with

cheer up lads.

yeah, c'mon people, he's not palarse, he hasn't come on here calling us queers and the like. I'm no fan of Soton but if we finish in the top 6 (which will be a massive achievement) I won't give two knobs of goat shit who wins the league (unless it's the (real) scum (which wont happen))

JetsetJimbo

Jun 13, 2011
I actually find it hard to dislike Saints, even after Adkins' nonsense last year. I think it's cos I'm of the age where watching Le Tissier humiliate much bigger clubs on MoTD each week was one of life's little pleasures when I was growing up.

Does that make me a bad person?

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
I actually find it hard to dislike Saints, even after Adkins' nonsense last year. I think it's cos I'm of the age where watching Le Tissier humiliate much bigger clubs on MoTD each week was one of life's little pleasures when I was growing up.

Does that make me a bad person?

Not at all, same with me. There was the plastic rivalry last year (where we embarrassed ourselves at the Withdean with all the Champions nonsense) but that is long since over and now I think both clubs seem happy to see each other doing so well again this year. Long may it continue

Sitch

Jul 3, 2011
Unfortunately I can't see us keeping up this season, but I can see both clubs doing well and being around the top 6.

(where we embarrassed ourselves at the Withdean with all the Champions nonsense)

you'll have to refresh my memory, it wasn't something along the lines of singing 'champions' when we played another (reletively) local side that consider themselves much bigger than us but finished second as we did actually finish up as champions, I can't believe we'd 'embarrass' ourselves in such a fashion with such nonsense at the Withdean

D

Deleted member 18477

you'll have to refresh my memory, it wasn't something along the lines of singing 'champions' when we played another (reletively) local side that consider themselves much bigger than us but finished second as we did actually finish up as champions, I can't believe we'd 'embarrass' ourselves in such a fashion with such nonsense at the Withdean

agreed. we had wrapped up promotion and the title long before they sealed promotion. hardly embarrassed ourselves.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here