Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Can you keep up?

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
you'll have to refresh my memory, it wasn't something along the lines of singing 'champions' when we played another (reletively) local side that consider themselves much bigger than us but finished second as we did actually finish up as champions, I can't believe we'd 'embarrass' ourselves in such a fashion with such nonsense at the Withdean

agreed. we had wrapped up promotion and the title long before they sealed promotion. hardly embarrassed ourselves.

I wasn't referring to the actual game at Withdean. More the PA build up which started quite amusingly by playing "Catch us if you can", but then went way OTT with more songs, saying Champion each other word and then reading the Brighton team out as, "Champion, Casper Ankergren, Champion Inigo Calderon, Champion Gordon Greer" etc etc. Just found it went from being funny to rather cringeworthy myself.

Digweeds Trousers

May 17, 2004
Tunbridge Wells
I honestly dont care - Southampton had not registered on my radar for years other than watching Le Tissier on motd - and for that reason they are not a club that really drive emotions in me one way or another.

Adkins was an utter bell-end for what he said last year - but the fact is that they had bigger resource, larger crwods, better facilities and on that particular league campagin we beat the odds and won the league.

However we are in the first few weeks of a new ground, getting new players in a building a foundation for the future - in that instance we are undeinably f***ing light years behind Southampton and many other clubs ion the Champsionship especially.

So what keeps me up at night? It's not about whether Adkins has opened his trap again or some berk from another forum is trying to wind us up. Its about the travel arrangements - can they get sorted and can we get plkanning permission.

Are we able to ensure that this success is sustained and repeatable - that the history of the last 15 years is on the whole, behind us? I care about BHAFC - I care about our future, the past that has created the club's unique atmosphere and great supporters - and thats what i want to look forward to.

I could get used to seeing our name in fixtures against Liveerpool, Leeds and Palace and two games on the telebox - rather than smoking my way through 60 fags in a depressive night of turmoil at Gillingham watching us lose 0-1 on Bonfire night in front of less that 1000 people.

IN essence - good luck to Southampton and any one that watches them - I just dont care. I did last year becuase they genuinely would and could have stopped us winning the league had we slipped up. Cardiff, Chesterfield, Orient, Hereford - all of them have been rivals becuase of league campagins. But jerking myself into a sleepless frenzy about them and their size and their fans and their stadium - well I'm, just no bothered. I have no reason becuase we have the Amex, Tony and Gus and a great team - and long may it last.

I wasn't referring to the actual game at Withdean. More the PA build up which started quite amusingly by playing "Catch us if you can", but then went way OTT with more songs, saying Champion each other word and then reading the Brighton team out as, "Champion, Casper Ankergren, Champion Inigo Calderon, Champion Gordon Greer" etc etc. Just found it went from being funny to rather cringeworthy myself.

okey dokey, fair reply

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
I honestly dont care - Southampton had not registered on my radar for years other than watching Le Tissier on motd - and for that reason they are not a club that really drive emotions in me one way or another.

Adkins was an utter bell-end for what he said last year - but the fact is that they had bigger resource, larger crwods, better facilities and on that particular league campagin we beat the odds and won the league.

However we are in the first few weeks of a new ground, getting new players in a building a foundation for the future - in that instance we are undeinably f***ing light years behind Southampton and many other clubs ion the Champsionship especially.

So what keeps me up at night? It's not about whether Adkins has opened his trap again or some berk from another forum is trying to wind us up. Its about the travel arrangements - can they get sorted and can we get plkanning permission.

Are we able to ensure that this success is sustained and repeatable - that the history of the last 15 years is on the whole, behind us? I care about BHAFC - I care about our future, the past that has created the club's unique atmosphere and great supporters - and thats what i want to look forward to.

I could get used to seeing our name in fixtures against Liveerpool, Leeds and Palace and two games on the telebox - rather than smoking my way through 60 fags in a depressive night of turmoil at Gillingham watching us lose 0-1 on Bonfire night in front of less that 1000 people.

IN essence - good luck to Southampton and any one that watches them - I just dont care. I did last year becuase they genuinely would and could have stopped us winning the league had we slipped up. Cardiff, Chesterfield, Orient, Hereford - all of them have been rivals becuase of league campagins. But jerking myself into a sleepless frenzy about them and their size and their fans and their stadium - well I'm, just no bothered. I have no reason becuase we have the Amex, Tony and Gus and a great team - and long may it last.

Spot on. And I get the East version of South Today and Meridian, so I don't have to put up with the drivel which makes me even less affected.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Le Tiss de Brighton.jpg
Le God in a proper shirt.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here