Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Can you imagine...

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
I'm 2nd row from the front of WSU so I can just leap over the rail, into 1901'ers bit, and then a quick dash to the pitch.

Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam

Brian

Feb 21, 2009
...the emotion in the first goal at the Amex (assuming it's not a consolation when 4-0 down)?

It's going to be AMAZING.

Would like to hear the 'whole' crowd chanting - 'Brighton are Back' - just before kick off. Remember hearing it as a kid at the Goldstone.

Last edited by a moderator:

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
I think for a brief moment, as the ball crosses the line, time will stand still.

I'll see Reinalt lashing it in, Storer being swamped and everything about Hereford - all at once.

The tears in my eyes will be a mixture of emotion at the occasion and the memory of the Goldstone toilets. It'll remind me of every nailbiting, eyes screwed shut moment of '97. I'll recall seeing the Goldstone being ripped to pieces and seeing grown men cry. I'll relive the anger that I felt in my veins everytime some local retorted 'I don't know why you sold the last one if you didn't have anywhere to go'.

I'll remember Grit, and Rust, and Tuesday nights. Ill remember Knight and Perry and the Coca-Cola kid. I'll remember Brooker and Adams and Paul Watson. I'll remember losing Bobby and hating Prosser. I'll remember McShane and Virgo. I'll remember Poyet and Bloom and destroying Charlton.

Then the ball will fly into the net and I'll go f***ing mental.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
the atmosphere from the wsu is going to be immense(sp)

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
I think for a brief moment, as the ball crosses the line, time will stand still.

I'll see Reinalt lashing it in, Storer being swamped and everything about Hereford - all at once.

The tears in my eyes will be a mixture of emotion at the occasion and the memory of the Goldstone toilets. It'll remind me of every nailbiting, eyes screwed shut moment of '97. I'll recall seeing the Goldstone being ripped to pieces and seeing grown men cry. I'll relive the anger that I felt in my veins everytime some local retorted 'I don't know why you sold the last one if you didn't have anywhere to go'.

I'll remember Grit, and Rust, and Tuesday nights. Ill remember Knight and Perry and the Coca-Cola kid. I'll remember Brooker and Adams and Paul Watson. I'll remember losing Bobby and hating Prosser. I'll remember McShane and Virgo. I'll remember Poyet and Bloom and destroying Charlton.

THREAD CLOSED (dabs a tear from his eye)

CAPTAIN GREALISH

Jan 6, 2010

great post :falmer: think you got it all there

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London

This might be my favourite ever NSC post. I'm now off for a quick cry.

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011

Tomnorthi

Jan 2, 2010
BN15

:bowdown:

bassking

Mar 18, 2011
The Dollar Store
...the emotion in the first goal at the amex (assuming it's not a consolation when 4-0 down)?

It's going to be amazing.

I'm all goose-pimpley just trying to imagine what that celebration is going to be like.

18,000+, crowd surfin to pitch level ,after first goal ,will look pretty good on the football league show

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here