Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Can you hear the real fans sing?

bhadeb

Jan 11, 2008
I didn't go today but family have come back and also said that the atmosphere was very flat. A lot of people were saying that they were fightened to do the normal things they would do at a match for fear of being thrown out or banned.

I didn't go today but family have come back and also said that the atmosphere was very flat. A lot of people were saying that they were fightened to do the normal things they would do at a match for fear of being thrown out or banned.

Really? I don't mean to be rude but what exactly were they frightened of doing at a football match for fear of getting thrown out? I mean, what do you do?..turn up sober (ish)..chat with mates...cheer on the team...sing a few chants...abuse the ref.... I do that every game. Today was no different.

bhadeb

Jan 11, 2008
Really? I don't mean to be rude but what exactly were they frightened of doing at a football match for fear of getting thrown out? I mean, what do you do?..turn up sober (ish)..chat with mates...cheer on the team...sing a few chants...abuse the ref.... I do that every game. Today was no different.

I know off someone that abused the ref and has now been banned for 3 matchs!

ants4t

Jun 17, 2011
That fanzone bit makes me cringe from the moment he tells us to watch the screen and get behind the team. It's getting very tiring, definitely needs freshening up.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Honeymoon period is very much over now!

Thought the "Ultras" were supposed to be creating an atmosphere? So far all they've done is nick a song from Palace and occasionally ask people to stand up if they hate Palace.

They've gone from being embarrassing to every normal fan to even being an embarrassment to themselves!

Last edited:

Robert Codners Nostrils

Oct 12, 2004
NYC
A lot of the newer stadiums have a severe lack of atmosphere. Unfortunately, it sounds like The Amex is heading that way. It is a little predictable unfortunately. Maybe people are used to not singing at home. There will also be a lot of new supporters who aren't used to the match day experience. It maybe that it is hard to co-ordinate singing in a big stadium. 1000 fans behind a goal at an away game with a low roof makes far more noise than 18000 in a brand new stadium. Then you have those who just don't care about singing. Another factor is that I find Brighton fans (especially on here) very reluctant to give new songs a try and will instantly put people down for trying things out. The criticism directed at NSK sometimes is bizarre. People slate others for trying hard to create an atmosphere then moan when there isn't one! I think this puts people off joining in songs. Another thing I don't understand is that there was so much hype on here with people saying there will be so much noise from the west/north stands. People saying they will be sitting with x amount of ex northstanders from the Goldstone and they will be singing all game in the WSU. So why isn't this happening? Where are they then? What is the problem? Please shed some light on this if you are one of those people! Unfortunately we are heading very quickly down the same path as the likes of Cardiff and Stoke and Brighton supporters will be moaning constantly about the atmosphere until the Withdean factor sets in - it becomes the norm to sit quietly and we just don't do noise at home because that's been decided by the people. There will be those who will try every game and get ridiculed by those who don't sing. The non-singers will justify this by saying they find the songs 'cringe-worthy' or 'too fast' or 'I hate singing albion so often' or 'we need new songs but not ones that others sing' or 'we need new songs but not ones that are bad.'
Now might be a good time to add that I haven't been to a game all season so I have no frame of reference and for what it's worth I thought we sounded very loud on the radio in the 2nd half!!!

Seagull Sam

Sep 10, 2011
This. I think this is the main reason during the game itself. Prematch, maybe showing the Palace goals didn't help?

We should just get behind our team whatever. I thought we had a great atmosphere that would get better with time and practice but it is going the other way, why?

Mr deez

Masterchef
Jan 13, 2005
Get used to it. Good atmosphere was always due to everything being new. the majority now will only make noise when we're winning.

Seagull Sam

Sep 10, 2011
A lot of the newer stadiums have a severe lack of atmosphere. Unfortunately, it sounds like The Amex is heading that way. It is a little predictable unfortunately. Maybe people are used to not singing at home. There will also be a lot of new supporters who aren't used to the match day experience. It maybe that it is hard to co-ordinate singing in a big stadium. 1000 fans behind a goal at an away game with a low roof makes far more noise than 18000 in a brand new stadium. Then you have those who just don't care about singing. Another factor is that I find Brighton fans (especially on here) very reluctant to give new songs a try and will instantly put people down for trying things out. The criticism directed at NSK sometimes is bizarre. People slate others for trying hard to create an atmosphere then moan when there isn't one! I think this puts people off joining in songs. Another thing I don't understand is that there was so much hype on here with people saying there will be so much noise from the west/north stands. People saying they will be sitting with x amount of ex northstanders from the Goldstone and they will be singing all game in the WSU. So why isn't this happening? Where are they then? What is the problem? Please shed some light on this if you are one of those people! Unfortunately we are heading very quickly down the same path as the likes of Cardiff and Stoke and Brighton supporters will be moaning constantly about the atmosphere until the Withdean factor sets in - it becomes the norm to sit quietly and we just don't do noise at home because that's been decided by the people. There will be those who will try every game and get ridiculed by those who don't sing. The non-singers will justify this by saying they find the songs 'cringe-worthy' or 'too fast' or 'I hate singing albion so often' or 'we need new songs but not ones that others sing' or 'we need new songs but not ones that are bad.'
Now might be a good time to add that I haven't been to a game all season so I have no frame of reference and for what it's worth I thought we sounded very loud on the radio in the 2nd half!!!

This, and we were going well until today, we could be the best support in the championship but what has changed us?

shwoody1

May 18, 2009
lewes
surely we remember corners or dangerous free kicks were always greeted with the simple chants of seagulls seagulls with arms pointing out. that does not happen anymore. lets get back to basics

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here