Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Can you hear the real fans sing?

Seagull Sam

Sep 10, 2011
Having seen so many posts about JCL's I feel I have to speak out as one of the frustrated unworthy. I will, along with many in the NS, always sing my heart out for the team, even if its a P****e song.
Today the atmosphere was the worst I have experienced at the Amex. Try as we might not many would join in and I couldn't hear the 8000 "real" (ex-Withdean) supporters getting behind the team, in fact IMO the support today was crap.
So why was no one joining in the chants?
Even the N Stand W Stand didn't take off.:down:

At the risk of hijacking this thread, I find the North Stand, West Stand chant irritating mainly because it usually happens during open play when fans should be getting behind the team.

Anyways, back to the thread, the atmosphere was okay. It wasn't brilliant but I guess that's because the honeymoon is over at Falmer. It's now just sort of a normal atmosphere.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
At the risk of hijacking this thread, I find the North Stand, West Stand chant irritating mainly because it usually happens during open play when fans should be getting behind the team.

Quite. It is a verbal Mexican wave anyway. Harking back to the Blackpool game, a huge number in the North Stand did not realise the Tangerines had pulled a goal back as they were too busy celebrating a retort from the East Stand.

Dull chant.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Pre-match it was slightly flat. People tiring of the usual build-up, pre-match nerves or everyone half cut after a session in the sun?Not sure but it seemed to carry on through into the game itself after our initial supremacy faded.

Things improved in the 2nd half as we turned it on again but things still fell short of previous games. We needed a goal, I think.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
The atmosphere was poor, so much so the kids in the East were amusing themselves in other ways. A lot of very badly behaved children in the East today.

We have very few actual songs. Did GOSBTS get a runout at all?

(sent due to boredom from samsung galaxy s)

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I think the time of kick off, coming off the back of a bad run of results, quiet away fans, and new stadium honeymoon period already just starting to wear off all contributed to what was, I agree, the worst atmosphere so far. It did pick up a bit towards the end, but still not good.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Having seen so many posts about JCL's I feel I have to speak out as one of the frustrated unworthy. I will, along with many in the NS, always sing my heart out for the team, even if its a P****e song.
Today the atmosphere was the worst I have experienced at the Amex. Try as we might not many would join in and I couldn't hear the 8000 "real" (ex-Withdean) supporters getting behind the team, in fact IMO the support today was crap.
So why was no one joining in the chants?
Even the N Stand W Stand didn't take off.:down:

I am in total awe that you know where all the 8000 ex Withdeaners sit and that they were the ones who didn't sing. Do you operate the cctv?

Seagull Sam

Sep 10, 2011
Pre-match it was slightly flat. People tiring of the usual build-up, pre-match nerves or everyone half cut after a session in the sun?Not sure but it seemed to carry on through into the game itself after our initial supremacy faded.

Things improved in the 2nd half as we turned it on again but things still fell short of previous games. We needed a goal, I think.

I agree, a goal would have lifted everyone. After the great start this season expectations are high so it seems a bit disappointing if we are not winning, but, we should be getting behind the team whatever. Even more so when its not going well.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I notice all the nsk flags and banners were missing today surely the anti-nsk on here should be happy they have what they want and what goes with it

mrjon1976

Found bliss in ignorance
Jul 25, 2011
gravesend
I agree...was very subdued today. Maybe a hangover after the palarse result, maybe due to the cold, but it was most definitely quieter. I agree about the north stand, west stand chant, as it can be quite distracting - however, it does generate some noise in the quieter moments, so it's not all bad I guess. Also, i may get shouted at for this, but whats the point of singing songs about hating Palace when we are playing any other team...?
The performance was a step in the right direction after recent games, and a clean sheet can never be underestimated, and I think that overall it was a good point given our recipient form.
However, Barnes had another shocker, and am praying that Hoskins is given a start on Tuesday.

Seagull Sam

Sep 10, 2011
No I don't operate the CCTV. However, I don't believe we made much noise, not enough for 8000 and I couldn't hear many singing in any part of the ground. I think the East was louder than the West today and the North was well down.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box

What we need is players starting that look as if they will create a goal like Noone and Hoskins

c0lz

North East Stand.
Jan 26, 2010
Patcham/Brighton

Agree the pre-match getting tiring they need to mix it up, nerves also play a big part in it and the team we were poor at times which results in a poor atmosphere.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here