Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Can you go a day without getting an earful from the Mrs?

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
My lady is great .... Let's me watch as much footie as I want and even pretends to enjoy it.

Rarely gives me any grief... Does all the household chores and is a bit of a looker

No punch line !

Polish is the way to go and yes she is a looker.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
This, had not passed my by.

Still good to know others are getting shit for exactly the same stuff I do. I don't mind the nagging really. In most case's I just learn from it and try and appease it before it happens.

Then get a welcome thank you rather than, why have you not done. Saves time all round.

I definitely would not risk the tactic of deliberately winding up. Seems like a suicide move to me.

As Lady Gull says when they don't comment or become indifferent that is really when you are in the shit as they are looking for and probably set up the next bloke to replace you. Mutual respect is the only way to go. Without that the relationship is worth jackshit even if you get lots of sex imo.

Lady Gull

Aug 6, 2011
West sussex
As Lady Gull says when they don't comment or become indifferent that is really when you are in the shit as they are looking for and probably set up the next bloke to replace you. Mutual respect is the only way to go. Without that the relationship is worth jackshit even if you get lots of sex imo.

It's true - I tell you - been there and done it myself!! Relationships are funny things and they change a lot as you get older - the value of your relationship changes a great deal when you reach your 40's - you have to have a mutual respect for your partner because once you don't have any respect for someone you might as well turn the lights out and close the door behind you!

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
It's true - I tell you - been there and done it myself!! Relationships are funny things and they change a lot as you get older - the value of your relationship changes a great deal when you reach your 40's - you have to have a mutual respect for your partner because once you don't have any respect for someone you might as well turn the lights out and close the door behind you!

I have learned this in time. f***ed up a few times along the way. Not that I was a bastard or anything just did not step up to the plate when I should have and lost a great Woman. Women like ACTION and not WORDS. If you love your missus remember this and it is also vice versa. Mutual respect.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Had one past relationship where I always got an earful and looking back on it it was basically abusive. Just got married and been with the Mrs for 5 years before that - never once had an argument. I would echo the points above - if you keep getting an earful you are either not in the happiest relationship (unlikely if you've been together for years) or you are probably giving as good as you get one way or another.

Lady Gull

Aug 6, 2011
West sussex
I think there is a big difference from a bit of nagging and full on abuse and living with a control freak!!!

My partner nags me occasionally normally it involves my son - his step son!! that is the only thing we ever really disagree on.

I will admit to I guess what could potentially be classed as nagging "can you empty the bin" etc. but I have learn't now that after asking once or twice - I just get on and do it myself - which normally has the desired effect and then he feels shit that he didn't do it when I asked the first time :)

I can put up with his nagging occasionally as he works bloody hard and is a great dad. He lets me do exactly what I want, when I want and as long as I am happy he is too - and to be honest I feel the same with him - he sees his mates, is very busy and loves his job and as long as he is happy - I am too.

I went out with a guy once who was an absolute control freak and I vowed I would never put myself or my son through any of that shit ever again.

Relationships are what you make of them I guess - a bit of give and take and you seem to muddle through - its not a bed of roses all the time especially if you are bogged down with work and family life and kids - but as long as you can have a laugh and still enjoy each other and do little things to make life easier for each other you get by x

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Relationships are what you make of them I guess - a bit of give and take and you seem to muddle through - its not a bed of roses all the time especially if you are bogged down with work and family life and kids - but as long as you can have a laugh and still enjoy each other and do little things to make life easier for each other you get by x

This sums it up perfectly :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here