Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Can you go a day without getting an earful from the Mrs?

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Yes - it happened this week ! I took myself off to Bournemouth on Tuesday for the Noel Gallagher gig and got myself a decent hotel room for the night. Met up after the gig with many others staying in the hotel and spent half the night drinking beer whilst discussing music, sport etc without any interference from the other half. Got an ear bashing on the Wednesday but Tuesday was a day to savour!

f*** me that is depressing and the exact reason I am single. It is like being a kid who is excited because mum and dad have gone out for the day and you can be naughty. I go out and do whatever the f*** I like EVERY DAY.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Agreed. I know so many married blokes, who clearly love their wives but do nothing but moan about them and get excited if they have a day to do what they want. Each to their own but that seems a pretty depressing waste of your prime years to me.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
The only time my mrs has a moan I deserve it tbh, which isn't too often. She's fully supportive of my Albion supporting and the time I now put into managing my under 10s team. We spend pretty much all day every day together and argue much less than conventional couples :)

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
f*** me that is depressing and the exact reason I am single. It is like being a kid who is excited because mum and dad have gone out for the day and you can be naughty. I go out and do whatever the f*** I like EVERY DAY.

You're right; it is depressing that so many blokes allow their relationships to become like that. I often don't understand why men put up with unreasonable nagging - you can't let a women dictate your life. I'm not single, but I never get nagged, and I'm fairly sure that my missis knows I wouldn't put up with it from her.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
When my wife finds out I am doing Wednesday/Watford/Millwall/Birmingham & Ipswich she will give me two fecking earfulls-----and thats if I'm lucky!! punish:

D

Deleted User X18H

Got my lads hair cut this morning, 4 around the back and sides and couple of inches off the top she says. Got exactly that done, and guess what......

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I cannot see the point in staying with someone who nags. Plus, a wife/girlfriend who has to nag their other half to get stuff done right is probably not going to be particularly happy for too long. I guess some people just fall into these patterns. All a bit sad really.

Last edited:

Hatman1234

Aug 24, 2011
In a crater in the sea.
Depends on what mood she is in.

I had a go at her for booking 2 weekends away that fixture with Albion games.

"Obviously, you care more about football than me..." "That really hurt, when you said 'But Albion are at home that weekend'"...

f*** OFF! - Is what I wanted to say. I just said - "Maybe my sister will go to the games instead"... Her reply "It's already sorted" - YOU BITCH! Is what I should have said. Not, "thanks darling...."

Someone get me a gun and one bullet.

:shootself

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
After 25 years of marriage the nagging becomes part and parcel of the relationship.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Depends on what mood she is in.

I had a go at her for booking 2 weekends away that fixture with Albion games.

"Obviously, you care more about football than me..." "That really hurt, when you said 'But Albion are at home that weekend'"...

f*** OFF! - Is what I wanted to say. I just said - "Maybe my sister will go to the games instead"... Her reply "It's already sorted" - YOU BITCH! Is what I should have said. Not, "thanks darling...."

Someone get me a gun and one bullet.

:shootself

So rather than push back and tell her to rearrange the weekends, you complied.

You're wife is arranging stuff without any thought to what you might have already planned. Acceptable? How will she have any respect for you if you let her control your life like this?

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
My girlfriend knows not to give me grief. It only ends up with her sobbing gently and apologising.

Lady Gull

Aug 6, 2011
West sussex
I think personally you lot should worry about when your wives are NOT nagging - because in my experience its when we stop nagging its when we really don't care anymore!!!!

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I think personally you lot should worry about when your wives are NOT nagging - because in my experience its when we stop nagging its when we really don't care anymore!!!!

Absolute bollocks.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here