Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Can you fall in love with someone on the Internet?

Lush

Mods' Pet
Or is it bound to end in tears?

Seems to me that I know more about some of the posters on here (particularly their sexual preferences, but that's another story) than I do about my other friends. Are people more honest on the Internet? Or less so?

Can you be attracted by someone's posts, never having met them?

Does sending someone a pm mean that you are a stalker?

Discuss...

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
Hungry Joe said:
Yes. I'm in love with you Lush and about to pm you a marriage proposal.

Not before I do :p

lost in london

Dec 10, 2003
London
My friend met his now wife on the internet. Doubt very much that he fell in love with her over the internet though. So my answer is no.

caz99

Jun 2, 2004
Sompting
i think people have more confidence on the internet. as no one knows what they look like or their proper personalitys. Saying that its probably easier to get the wrong impression of some people too.

i think you can get attracted by people on the net if you like their posts as you start dreaming of what they look like and they may become their ideal person. i am more honest i think although i think its easy for people to tell fibs

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
A mate of mine, well he's actually the brother of a mat eof mine, actually flew over to the US to meet a bird he's been chatting to on the internet for over year, when he met her he found out she was married with three kids and he was her bit on the side, he was so gutted he thought it was Love she was just using him for some fun on the net.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
so THATS where I've been going wrong, instead of wasting my time greasing up hot young chicks down the pub, I need to be on here all friday night smoothing may way into a ladys inbox......marvelous :thumbsup:

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
Yeah, I reckon you can fall in love with someone over the net. Why not? You fall for their 'personality', their mannerisms etc etc. But it's what happens when you do finally meet them that matters. And whether what they've been writing is really them.

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
In answer to your PM, no I don't have a girlfriend Lush. Why do you ask...?

Ex Shelton Seagull

Jul 7, 2003
Block G, Row F, Seat 175
The only person who can give us the answer to this question is Kev.

virgirlo

Jun 2, 2004
London
it is very easy to fall for someone, but it is also very easy to lie on the internet.
should just be kept to fun really.

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
OK, I'll get serious for a moment. In think it's possible to become attracted to someone over t'internet but falling in love with someone involves a whole lot more, including physical attraction. Even with photo's posted (if they're real) you still don't get the physical essence of the person; the way they smell, the sound of their voice, the way they flick their hair. Ooh, I'm feeling a bit sexy just thinking about it.

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
Can you meet someone on the internet and then fall in love with them?

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
I think you have to be looking. If you are looking you will find it anywhere.

I have met many people through the internet who have enriched my life, and many people that I would like to see more of - but there are not enough hours in the day.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here