Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Can you bet on a player being transferred to a certain club?

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I guess though the way they have list their manager is not normal and may still be consulting?

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Could you not offer this bet on Betfair?

Etherington to stay at Stoke then a price which you are comfortable laying? Then get all the Oatcake forumites to lump on, then you clean up! It sounds too simple!

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Could you not offer this bet on Betfair?

Etherington to stay at Stole then a price which you are comfortable laying? Then get all the Oatcake forumites to lump on, then you clean up! It sounds too simple!

I asked Betfair today and they said they would open the market IF they heard that there was interest. Strange one really.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
I asked Betfair today and they said they would open the market IF they heard that there was interest. Strange one really.

I'll ask em about as well then, who else is up for it? Of course we'll need some layers as well...

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Would Benitez joining Villa make adifference as he may not rate him very highly and not want him. Of course it is possible that signing Etherington was a precondition of Benitez being appointed manager, either set by him or the club.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I'll ask em about as well then, who else is up for it? Of course we'll need some layers as well...

The more the merrier because then there is a chance they will open the book and we can all make a killing. Stoke fans currently hate me, you win some you lose some. Cant wait to go back on there when he signs.

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
Keep us informed Giraffe, I will ask too the next time I'm in there

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles
This is interesting, you say you have seen a legal agreement? (I read through the stoke page) What was this agreement? Like the others I'm gonna follow this one, would be great if you could let us know as soon as you manage to put your bet on so we can jump on before the odds tumble! Nice one!

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Keep us informed Giraffe, I will ask too the next time I'm in there

That would be great. Is suspect they only need a dozen or so enquiries to open a book on this. As others have said it's a loss leader as you're driving business through on that club's fans, at the moment they have no specials on players from Stoke.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
The more the merrier because then there is a chance they will open the book and we can all make a killing. Stoke fans currently hate me, you win some you lose some. Cant wait to go back on there when he signs.

Who do I contact then?

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Just got this response.

Looks like we need a few more on this.

"We have a few player markets currently open, however Matthew Etherington is not one of them. I have requested for our market operations team to add one for him, however they do not believe the market will generate the required liquidity.

Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any further enquiries.

Kind regards,

Ben Lennon

Betfair Helpdesk

Helpdesk Tel: 0844 871 0000"

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
to be honest whilst I believe you , I imagine the same sort of reaction should a stoke fan come on here and say Gordon Greers going to x,y and z ..... we'll see when it's finalised :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here