Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Can you bet on a player being transferred to a certain club?

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I know you could bet on Michael Owen joining us but can you bet on other players moving somewhere. I have a sure fire bet that I heard about today, a premiership player signing for another premiership club. Where can I find if I can bet on this?

Yorkshire-Seagull

Feb 11, 2008
Betfair do some under the 'Specials' market. Tend to be more along the lines of "Will Drogba still be a Chelsea player on Sept 1st" though.

By the way, they also have Poyet as 190/1 to be the next Chelsea manager....

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Okay will have a look. If they have him, once I'm on it then I will share the info on here for everyone to fill their boots.

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011
come on tell us!

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Wouldn't a bookie smell a rat if you asked for a price on an unquoted event, on the basis that you wouldn't bet money on something that wasn't going to happen ???

That's what I was thinking. It's such a random thing to ask as well.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Wouldn't a bookie smell a rat if you asked for a price on an unquoted event, on the basis that you wouldn't bet money on something that wasn't going to happen ???

Maybe, it's worth a try though shirley? These markets are loss leaders for them, maximum liability £200, so you're not going to put them out of business.

Mtoto

Sep 28, 2003
Maybe, it's worth a try though shirley? These markets are loss leaders for them, maximum liability £200, so you're not going to put them out of business.

Exactly, it depends on the name and the club but for some it might be worth paying 200 for the info because they can then expect some money to come for the team in other markets, and take a view on whether to duck it.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Anyone got a contact for Skybet? Their website seems to be down at the moment.

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
I know you could bet on Michael Owen joining us but can you bet on other players moving somewhere. I have a sure fire bet that I heard about today, a premiership player signing for another premiership club. Where can I find if I can bet on this?

Are you Peter Crouch in disguise then?

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
Berbatov is leaving Man Utd and Joining Man City......you heard it here first folks...

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I've failed to find anywhere that will take the bet until there is significant interest in.

I've now posted it on Oakcake fanzine forum so may as well tell you lot.

Matthew Etherington is joining Aston Villa.

If you find somewhere to bet on it please let me know. I promise you this is a done deal.

Some of you may recall I told people to bet on Gary Megson taking the Bolton job.this is just as certain.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here