Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Can you be friends with an Ex???

Clothes Peg

Mar 3, 2007
There's apparently a rule to this.

If guy dumps girl: NO
If girl dumps guy: YES

But to be honest, I don't think it's correct.

¡Cereal Killer!

Whale Oil Beef Hooked
Sep 13, 2003
Somewhere over there...
When I dumped my girlfriend, I have tried my hardest to stay friends with her, but I am struggling.
I went to a gig with her last month and she got a bit pissed and I ended up having to explain why I wont go back out with her.

I do still want to be friends with her (I have known her for near on 5 years now and were friends before we were dating) but at times I just want to completly move on with my life without her.

Without Limits

Jan 14, 2007
Lewes Road Area
She dumped me and i think was just different things we were doing - grew apart.

Taken me awhile but i think im near back to my self then she will contact me as if were still together!

Makes me confused

:shootself
:drink:

Clothes Peg

Mar 3, 2007
Without Limits said:

Taken me awhile but i think im near back to my self then she will contact me as if were still together!

Makes me confused

That's an odd situation. I am still really good friends with an ex that I dumped. Mind you, it was over 3 years ago. It's good, because I can trust him as I know him really well. We even share the same bed and not feel uncomfortable. It's really important to discuss it though and work out just where you stand. He's one of my best mates, and I couldn't imagine not having him around.

Good luck.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
NO, i tried and it really didnt work id give up now my ex just got jelious and wanted to kill me its great working with her! :lolol: so i did the obvious hing to do start seein another girl from work :banana: try shagging her mate or somone she works with that might make her wanna leave you alone :)

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Without Limits said:

Makes me confused

It sounds to me as though she thinks she has got you on a piece of string and will contact you whenever she feels like it. That's not a good basis for any friendship.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
From experience I would say yes, but it is dependant on both parties, the nature of your relationship and how it ended. If one of you broke off because the other was cheating then how could that be the basis for any kind of friendship, but if it was because you both decided that you weren't right for each other romantically then it is definitely possible.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I'm still really good friends with an ex of mine. We split up 16 years ago and still talk togther regularly, go out together with each other and with our partners.

I missed the Hereford match in 1997 as I was at her wedding though.:angry:

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
Two of my closest friends are ex-girlfriends.

I'm also on very friendly terms with three other ex-girlfriends.

Spunk Bubble

Feb 21, 2007
No way. It don't work. I dumped a girl once and a few weeks later bumped into her. She was pissed and crying and saying that she wanted to marry me. See ya, love !!!:nono:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here