Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Can we talk about Sanchez ?

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
You haven’t seen enough then as Steele is the much better shot stopper and is far better with the ball at his feet. Sanchez is far too casual and at times sloppy who you know has a mistake in him.
I'm not sure many agree with you about Steele being the better shot-stopper! With his feet, yes, certainly most people seem to be with De Zerbi on that.

Last edited:

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
You haven’t seen enough then as Steele is the much better shot stopper and is far better with the ball at his feet. Sanchez is far too casual and at times sloppy who you know has a mistake in him.
Maybe just maybe he is being left out of the squad at the moment, because of his attitude and reaction to being not first choice currently.
I could be totally wrong, but I get the impression Sanchez is a very confident person and possibly thought he was nailed on first choice and has not reacted well. I would not be surprised to see him in-between the sticks on Sunday. I hope he learns from Steele who patiently waited for his chance to come, and now look at him. I do think distribution is a main factor though, and can see him leaving in the summer, if he sulks and becomes disruptive.

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean
I’ve heard Sanchez can be very arrogant and has a tendency to wind others up. I watched him in the warm up down at Bournemouth and he simply was not bothered - the coaches were firing shots at him and he was going through the motions and just sticking out a boot to stop the shot. He then got bollocked at half time by one of the coaches for not doing what the the other subs were doing - again just going through the motions.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Sanchez is easily the better shot stopper. Steele makes saves, but they're the sort of saves that Roy Keane would describe as doing his job.

Steele also has mistakes in him. He scored an OG last week, and almost gave Palace an undeserved equaliser in injury time. Thankfully, they're shit and didn't capitalise.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
I think that Ben Roberts leaving had a big impact on Robert.
He’s labelled as being ‘very confident’ by other players which could translate to arrogant.
I expect he feels that being dropped is not a ‘kick up the backside’ but more of a signal to move on which I’m not sure it was meant to be, but this looks like the route it’s going. His attitude hasn’t been great since being dropped and that’s a shame.
I wouldn’t be surprised to see him go to Man Utd as back up to/ competition for De Gea.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Sanchez will move on, tricky to say where.

Also difficult to predict what we will do, but my feeling is that Steele will start next season as number 1. He just seems the perfect fit.

My guess is we will buy someone to compete, cover and play cup games, Rushworth will come as 3rd keeper and start the process of working his way up, McGill will get a decent level loan and Scherpen will be sold.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Sanchez will move on, tricky to say where.

Also difficult to predict what we will do, but my feeling is that Steele will start next season as number 1. He just seems the perfect fit.

My guess is we will buy someone to compete, cover and play cup games, Rushworth will come as 3rd keeper and start the process of working his way up, McGill will get a decent level loan and Scherpen will be sold.
2nd/3rd choice and playing a handful of cup games is no good for a young keeper developing his game. He'll only get better by playing as first choice somewhere so will more likley be loaned out to a Championship team.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Just something else to throw out there but I remember a month or two back Sanchez posting a random pic on insta in Hertfordshire with his gf. Seemed strange at the time as he barely posts as it is. Let alone a dull pic in the middle of nowhere.

Could it be spurs or arsenal? Spurs need a goalie....Sanchez was left at home for the arsenal game.

Hove Lagoonery

Dec 16, 2008
Just something else to throw out there but I remember a month or two back Sanchez posting a random pic on insta in Hertfordshire with his gf. Seemed strange at the time as he barely posts as it is. Let alone a dull pic in the middle of nowhere.

Could it be spurs or arsenal? Spurs need a goalie....Sanchez was left at home for the arsenal game.

Or could it just be that gf is from Herts or her folks live there?

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Sanchez will leave, I'm pretty certain of that. Also suspect, as well as Steele has done, we will be looking at another first choice keeper (more because we are at that level now than anything against Steele).

Dibdab

Sep 28, 2021
Sanchez is easily the better shot stopper. Steele makes saves, but they're the sort of saves that Roy Keane would describe as doing his job.

Steele also has mistakes in him. He scored an OG last week, and almost gave Palace an undeserved equaliser in injury time. Thankfully, they're shit and didn't capitalise.
Bob cant save Pens if his life depended on it whereas weve seen Jason save a few so I'm not sure there is that much in it tbh. I cant exactly remember a catalogue of world class saves by Sanchez. It sounds like he's also downing tools which is only going to end one way. Out on loan.

Rushworth is going to be better than both of them anyway and will have the jersey in a couple of years.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Steele has a slightly better save % than Sanchez

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here