Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Can we have our match back please?

BluesRockDJ

Jan 24, 2020
No because most other sports are carrying on today as normal. Football has massively dropped the ball by cancelling all games this weekend. With that said I’m glad we aren’t playing and I’ll be very happy to continue with the Palace game being off next week as it allows us more time to get the new manager in. So they can feel free to cancel all football next weekend as well.

Most sports don't entail God knows how many supporters travelling in their thousands to games. I would hazard a guess that Sussex Police will be involved, not just in the funeral a week Monday, but making sure key locations on th funeral route are made sterile before.
Would much rather we withdraw from the World Cup and reschedule games then.......ie make a statement !!

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
I can’t think of anything worse than playing Palace as our first game off the back of Potter’s departure, potentially with a new manager who’s only been in place a couple of days. This is one thing that’s worked out well.

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
Trueblue is right... we will have the Palace game back at a time that is better for us.. This cancellation is a godsend for the Albion.
I guess that clubs cannot cope with the On - off nature of the Union’s actions . Ticketing , staffing, hospitality, catering all have to be organised.
It is off, so it is off.

Washie

Jun 20, 2011
Eastbourne
Most sports don't entail God knows how many supporters travelling in their thousands to games. I would hazard a guess that Sussex Police will be involved, not just in the funeral a week Monday, but making sure key locations on th funeral route are made sterile before.
Would much rather we withdraw from the World Cup and reschedule games then.......ie make a statement !!
Would still have to have a break for the world cup considering how many premier league players are going to the world cup who aren't English

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk

SeagullsoverLondon

NSC Patron
Jun 20, 2021
I would reckon that assuming the Palace game remains cancelled we've just had our best September statistically, 100% wins, +3 Goal Difference.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
That the reasonn for cancellation no longer applies , other Premier League teams will be playing and we will fall behind in our schedule

And pray, where do you think all the Met police officers are going to be pulled from ?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

So we'd face Bournemouth and Palace, without Mac Allister, Caicedo, Estupinan, Sarmiento, Lamptey, Sanchez and Trossard?

Not sure how great a plan that is, tbh.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
That the reasonn for cancellation no longer applies , other Premier League teams will be playing and we will fall behind in our schedule

Given the situation with our playing staff I’d say the postponement benefits us

There would be a chance but not for Palace. Sussex police have cancelled all leave and organising deployments up to London next weekend. There is no chance they want a resource heavy derby taking place, when in the past they’ve used officers form Kent, Surrey & Essex to police the match

atomised

Mar 21, 2013

not all other premier League games will be on . would imagine London home games will be off along with the likes of high profile utd v Leeds. policing will very much be an issue this weekend

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Not true, and now there is another equally critical reason for our game not to go ahead. Also, London games will almost certainly not go ahead, nor any other that requires a large police presence. Every available copper in the country is going to be sent to London to police the masses for the rest of this week.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
To be fair Brianwade is not alone with his thinking.

Just had a quick look on the Palace forums. The vast majority agree with him.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
To be fair Brianwade is not alone with his thinking.

Just had a quick look on the Palace forums. The vast majority agree with him.

:lolol:

You mean the Palarse support want to play managerless Brighton as soon as possible? Shirley Knott? ???

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath

Seaview Seagull

NSC Patron
Mar 1, 2021
I think you might find that curiously the wording used by brianwade is exactly that posted on the Palace forum. I wonder.....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here