Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Can we have our match back please?

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
That the reasonn for cancellation no longer applies , other Premier League teams will be playing and we will fall behind in our schedule

Paul Barber is well know for replying to all communication that is sent directly to him and quickly. So please post his reply when you get it.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Arsenal have had to cancel their game against PSV this Thursday due to insufficient police resource …

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Arsenal have had to cancel their game against PSV this Thursday due to insufficient police resource …

Just seen that confirmed because of not enough police resources. Can't see Prem games happening over the weekend, if they can't manage sorting the Arsenal game on thursday.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Just seen that confirmed because of not enough police resources. Can't see Prem games happening over the weekend, if they can't manage sorting the Arsenal game on thursday.

Think any games in London will be off for sure, plus probably Man U/Leeds. Potentially leaves 2 games Fri and 2 Sat plus 1 game Sunday

SAC

May 21, 2014
I just think it's a shame that football fans wont get a chance to show our respects. OK, some at Liverpool and Celtic fans would probably have followed on from Shamrock Rovers but the vast majority would have been respectful. To do anything in October would seem pointless.

However, I do understand that police resources will be used elsewhere.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Never mind potential issues with police resources I reckon the club will want a breather due to sorting out the new manager and his staff. On that second point I'm inclined to think it's a good idea. Never mind the Queen as Brighton fans we need period of reflection and mourning!

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
From the sounds of Paul Barber's video that was posted on the website today where he talks about the new manager situation, it sounds as if the club are resigned to this game not happening and have been told its definitely off. He doesnt outright say it, but the tone of his comments is there's no glimmer of hope that it might be on, or waiting for a verdict.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
The Athletic this morning and inference from Barber's press conference leaves no room for debate - the match remains off 100% unfortunately.

With the potential logistical nightmare for the various Police services this weekend, I guess the Met attempting to get a game back on that already been postponed is far down their list of priorities.

thedonkeycentrehalf

Moved back to wear the gloves (again)
Jul 7, 2003
With the potential logistical nightmare for the various Police services this weekend, I guess the Met attempting to get a game back on that already been postponed is far down their list of priorities.

Not the Met's issue as it is our home game but have seen that Sussex & Surrey both sending up officers to support the Met with the policing of the city over the next few days so unlikely to have any spare resource for football.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Thank goodness it's still off. a) I couldn't go and b) for those who could, there would still be no parking and c) we'd have no manager, coach, assistant etc. Hardly the best prep. We''ve been dealt a bad hand with all these staff leading, but at least the next hand included no match for a full three weeks despite being only 6 matches in to the season. Coupled with the enticing opportunity to join a club in 4th place in the Prem that's jam packed with talented, well drilled players I'd say postponing Bournemouth and Palace became a lucky break.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Confirmed that it will remain postponed.

Premier League say - ''Seven of the 10 Premier League fixtures this weekend will be played, with three matches postponed due to events surrounding The Queen’s funeral. Following extensive consultation with clubs, police, local Safety Advisory Groups and other relevant authorities, there was no other option but to postpone the three fixtures.''

Our game, Chelsea vs Liverpool, and United vs Leeds all postponed.

BluesRockDJ

Jan 24, 2020
That the reasonn for cancellation no longer applies , other Premier League teams will be playing and we will fall behind in our schedule

Don't think there will be any matches in London...............blessing in disguise if it remains postponed, give any new manager time to settle in ?

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
Is there a sensible date when it is likely to be played? I have a ticket for the first time in a couple of years will try to get down again.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here