Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

can we ground share til Falmer?

Brighton till i die

You havin' a bubble?
Jan 31, 2004
On the terraces!!
i may be flamed for this but f*** Withdean.

That place is a f***ing JOKE and the players, fans and every poor c*nt who goes there knows it.

i would be well chuffed with a ground share with a club fairly locally until Falmer is built.

Yeah maybe a but of a drive but f*** it withdean has got too much to bear- i would rather pay a little extra to get that "away day vibe" going at "home" games!

:angry:

Grendel

Jul 28, 2005
Seaford
Brighton till i die said:

Yeah maybe a but of a drive but f*** it withdean has got too much to bear- i would rather pay a little extra to get that "away day vibe" going at "home" games!

:angry:

Did you ever go to Priestfield?

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
:thud: We'd get smaller crowds and lose even more money.

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
Not a good idea and it won't happen. The club have just spent hundreds of thousands of expanding the ground at the hammer end.
I think people have short memories. No matter how poor Withdean is, at least it's in Brighton. Besides there's light at the end of the tunnel now.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Curious Orange said:
I reckon the atmosphere will improve once the new seats come into operation. Having the Away end down by the singing section should up the banter ante.

need a loud speaker tho

Brighton till i die

You havin' a bubble?
Jan 31, 2004
On the terraces!!
yeah the atmosphere should get muh better when the away end is up at the hammer end.

didint have an exact ground in mind but thought a ground with 4 sides and an excuse for a roof might be better.:lolol:

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Re: Re: can we ground share til Falmer?

Grendel said:
Did you ever go to Priestfield?

Yes-every frigging game....

....and I'd never do it again!

Grendel

Jul 28, 2005
Seaford
Re: Re: Re: can we ground share til Falmer?

Brighton till i die said:
yep - not pleasant!

So...why suggest another groundshare? We all know Withdean isn't great but I'd rather we were there than frigging Gillingham.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
What matters more is that the problems of Withdean are not repeated at Falmer.

Some way of separating those who want to moan and sit and be quiet from those who want to create the away style atmosphere at home has to be found.

A (high) proportion of season tickets and seats that are 'Sit where you want' is the only answer.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here