Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Can we afford to throw money away?

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda
I imagine, for this particular game, it's to stop Newcastle fans buying in the home ends, but feck it - take the risk. There's no history between the clubs, anyone out of order can be sorted by the stewards.

Let's not get into the position where non-regulars always assume that tickets are sold out and/or they do not qualify to buy them. We'll need these people next season.

That is a very good point, I would think many people will not be renewing, and the families around where I am etc will not be as they have not been since October, which means we will need to be selling a good amount of general sale tickets compared to this year!

dac1980

Sep 20, 2011
I imagine, for this particular game, it's to stop Newcastle fans buying in the home ends, but feck it - take the risk. There's no history between the clubs, anyone out of order can be sorted by the stewards.

Let's not get into the position where non-regulars always assume that tickets are sold out and/or they do not qualify to buy them. We'll need these people next season.

I believe Newcastle turned down their 15% and i'm not even sure if they have sold their 10% so can't see random Newcastle fans popping up amongst the Albion fans and totally agree with the need to make seats available to anybody that wants to go especially as the capacity is due to increase next season if all goes to plan.

Also simple maths says more people + more noise + more support = better performance (well it certainly helps anyway!!)

Bigbelly

Banned
Sep 24, 2011
That would be great, but I am not sure how we would be able to pick up the ticket doing that, for ID etc?

I'll buy it for you and you meet me Saturday and I'll hand over the season ticket plus you leave £10 deposit and give it back afterwards and I'll return the tenner.

tell where you'd like to sit. Easy.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
It's daft on a game like this why a member can't buy a ticket for his mate.

Whilst I agree with Bozza and think the club should just say f*** it and sell to anyone I can understand they don't want people without a purchase history buying a ticket. So why not let people with a purchase history buy more than one ticket? If that person then sells it on to an away fan or someone who acts up then ban the ticket purchaser. Seems daft to me. I'm sure there are loads of people who aren't Albion fans but want to go along to see the new stadium.

backson

Registered Mis-user
Jul 26, 2004
I know at least 3 people who have between 10 and 40 points, and are waiting nervously for 5pm tonight. Whilst I sympathise with OP's friend, I'd rather people I know who've at least been to a couple of games (and have tried several times to get to others) get a chance before he does.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
Annoyingly the 3 seats next to me are free, 2 of the 3 may be taken, but the last seat my friend would be happy with as it would be next to me, there are also 4 seats in front of me and 3 behind, and this in the north stand all owned by famililes with kids that have not been for weeks!

But this is a CUP game, so if they haven't been for weeks, do you think they will purchase the tickets for their seats even though they are not going? They will either be there or there will be new faces sitting in them seats. Are they currently free or purchased on the ticket site?

IMO there will be so seats left for this game. There are some fans who will have done a couple of games and they will have a shot at getting a seat from 5pm tonight.

For what it's worth, if you bought a Leeds ticket (like the poster suggested), you would then have the 10 points required. There is nothing stopping you taking the Leeds ticket back at a later date and ask for a refund.

In the next couple of hours I would expect the centre blocks in all stands to sell out. Currently there are pairs of seats left in the North (very few), WSU extreme wings (very few) East (southern end) and West (Wings)

At this time there are the following seats available:-

North 116
East 139
WSU 151
WSL 266

672 Seats.

I predict this will fall to about 450 by 5pm and then between 5pm and 8pm there will be a rush from the 10 pointers, leaving about 150 come 9am tomorrow morning. Which should just be enough time for anyone who gets paid on Friday to grab one, if they are fast.

They will be sold out by noon tomorrow - no need for general sale.

All IMHO of course!

arkan

Jan 26, 2010
Sittingbourne
tbh it is a bit of a joke, ive been an albion fan for many many years due to living abroad, travelling and then going to Uni up north i never saw the point in becoming a member and accumilating points, i have been to many away games, especially in the North West area of the country, but since moving back down here ive found it impossible to get to a home game.
Now im not surprised in the league this season, promotion and a new ground, so i thought it would be hard. But for a cup game that isnt even sold out? If Season ticket holders havent took up the tickets by now, just put them on general sale. More money for the club and more of a chance for the less financially sound people/or people who have got nowt to do on a saturday (both options are applicable to me) can attend a game.

tbh it is a bit of a joke, ive been an albion fan for many many years due to living abroad, travelling and then going to Uni up north i never saw the point in becoming a member and accumilating points, i have been to many away games, especially in the North West area of the country, but since moving back down here ive found it impossible to get to a home game.
Now im not surprised in the league this season, promotion and a new ground, so i thought it would be hard. But for a cup game that isnt even sold out? If Season ticket holders havent took up the tickets by now, just put them on general sale. More money for the club and more of a chance for the less financially sound people/or people who have got nowt to do on a saturday (both options are applicable to me) can attend a game.

It seems to me like you are a bit disorgansized and want to blame someone other than yourself for not getting a ticket.

The club are rewarding those who support it - all be it financially.

You have never bought a ticket for an away game thru the club - the club does not earn from you.
You have not been to one home game - despite all going to general sale and most being available without previous purchase history.
If you are sold a ticket for NUFC (a punter with zero loyalty points) then another punter with 10 or more will miss out - is this fair?

NUFC will sell out - period.

dac1980

Sep 20, 2011
There have been plenty of opportunities to buy tickets on general sale this season, Wrexham and Gillingham to name just 2 at which point you would have 40 points. I thought I would struggle to get tickets this season but have not missed out at all.

If you are organised and get yourself registered then there is no reason why you can't get tickets, keep an eye out for the dates games go on sale and all will be rosy!!!!

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
Due to lack of funds (and going in place of friends that can't go) I've only amassed 30 points. Hopefully I can get two together tonight. Not arguing about it as you need to organise who gets tickets first somehow. This seems the fairest way.

Sent by the power of 1000 turtles

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Surprised this hasn't sold out already TBH. I guess it shows how far the FA cup has fallen from grace. I expect it to sell out to the 10+ pointers though, so don't see why it should be dropped to 0?

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
In some ways it doesn't bother me that people with zero points cannot get a ticket.

At least it reduces the chance that we will get some fame hungry twat running on the pitch in front the tv cameras again.

Maybe this is where the club have learnt their lesson.

This will sell out. Only reason it has not sold out already is that at this moment in time it has only been on sale for 66 hours, and the majority of those, only to people who had got 100 points.

Also consider it's the end of the month - first pay day for many will be tomorrow and for most that will be the 1st pay day since Christmas!

Also consider the run of expensive games recently - Peterborough, Palace and now NUFC.

It will sell out - but all being considered (like the fact we had to sell 20,000 tickets for this game, instead of the normal 1500) I think it's a dam good effort.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea

Why didnt you get tickets for the Gillingham or Wrexham games then, or maybe they just weren't big enough for you

arkan

Jan 26, 2010
Sittingbourne
yeah but not everyone lives right by Brighton, not everyone drives and not everyone can get the time off work or whatever to go games.
I gave my support through going to away matches, yeah maybe not through the club, but its support eitherway.

No i agree points mean prizes. BUT i know this wont happen, but what about making just 100 tickets to on general sale soley to people without points, with priority to people who have points but want to bring a non supporting mate along?

Also to put tickets on general sale it will give the chance for the poorer supporter to be able to go to occasional games, even if its just one a season.

People have stated that games have gone on general sale, but how close to the game was this announced? On the day? The day before? With what i said earlier with making a small percentage of tickets soley on general sale right at the start of tickets being produced, people can plan.

arkan

Jan 26, 2010
Sittingbourne
Why didnt you get tickets for the Gillingham or Wrexham games then, or maybe they just weren't big enough for you

Ive been to Stockport, walsall & tranmere away among other just 3 games that many would call 'not big enough' so no need to get on your high horse mate

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
it's easy to register yourself on the database (no purchase necessary) so there really is no excuse for not doing so. Once on it's pretty simple to get tickets and then points start racking up. I would say 90% of games are pretty easy to get to tickets for, it is only a handful where demand outstrips demand.

This is not a reflection on anyones worthiness as a fan, just their willingness to put up with a little bit of red tape in order to put themselves in a position to buy ticket.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Surprised this hasn't sold out already TBH. I guess it shows how far the FA cup has fallen from grace.

or that its on tellybox.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here