Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Can we afford to throw money away?

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda
There are plenty of seats left available, and a friend is looking to come along to his first game on Saturday, I called the ticket office who have been very helpful in telling me they are not going on general sale, and you have to have at least 10 points to ever be able to buy a ticket.

Now around my season ticket alone, in the block I sit in have at least 50 seats free, and many of the seats around me are not even taken any longer on match days by the families that own them (yet another problem with families been in the North stand, but that is a different matter!)

cloud

Jun 12, 2011
Here, there and everywhere
Just buy a ticket to an away game, which tend not to have any restriction, thereby getting yourself 10 points, then sell it later on the Ticket Exchange. You then have the 10 points for the Newcastle game.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
or wait until Friday to see if the points requirement drops to 0.

Bigbelly

Banned
Sep 24, 2011
There are plenty of seats left available, and a friend is looking to come along to his first game on Saturday, I called the ticket office who have been very helpful in telling me they are not going on general sale, and you have to have at least 10 points to ever be able to buy a ticket.

Now around my season ticket alone, in the block I sit in have at least 50 seats free, and many of the seats around me are not even taken any longer on match days by the families that own them (yet another problem with families been in the North stand, but that is a different matter!)

My dad isn't going so you could use his number if you like?

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda
Just buy a ticket to an away game, which tend not to have any restriction, thereby getting yourself 10 points, then sell it later on the Ticket Exchange. You then have the 10 points for the Newcastle game.

There are non on sale!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

That would be a ridiculous amount of faff for someone who wants their first taste of Albion action and they'd simply not do it. And why should they?

or wait until Friday to see if the points requirement drops to 0.

It doesn't leave people long to plan, does it?

We absolutely have to give those who've bought before priority for tickets, but we also have to make the Albion as accessible as possible to those who see games less frequently. There wasn't much time for this particular game, obviously, but it will be absolutely ridiculous if there are empty seats on Saturday as there is more than enough demand to have got all seats sold.

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda
That would be a ridiculous amount of faff for someone who wants their first taste of Albion action and they'd simply not do it. And why should they?

We absolutely have to give those who've bought before priority for tickets, but we also have to make the Albion as accessible as possible to those who see games less frequently. There wasn't much time for this particular game, obviously, but it will be absolutely ridiculous if there are empty seats on Saturday as there is more than enough demand to have got all seats sold.

Which I fully agree with, but why bother making it 10 points only? I understand we dont want an end full of New****** fans (I more than anyone else could not stand that and would probably end up been thrown out for language towards them) but still my friend plays Semi Pro football and Sunday League, and has a chance to go for once due to early winter kick off!

D

Deleted member 18477

to the OP... if this is the case still late friday afternoon... simply ask them the question: are you seriously telling me you'd rather have empty seats than to sell me a ticket for MONEY?

if they say yes then email the customer service/complaints department because as bozza said THATS f***ing RIDICULOUS!

dac1980

Sep 20, 2011
By my adding up (may not be overly accurate as sometimes you wish you hadn't started doing something!!) there are about 600 seats left, the majority of them are single seats. You would hope the club would put the tickets on general sale as you wouldn't expect many people to start buying now if the window of their points had already been open a day or so already.

Is your friend not able to borrow somebody elses fan number? They would have to pick the ticket up on the day anyway and all you need is fan number and postcode for that anyway.

If my memory serves me right i believe the Gillingham Carling Cup tickets went on general sale a day or so before the match, might happen again as they seem to keep changing their minds on points anyway.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

then there are those that want pay on the day. agree its odd, but thats the system. i blame the software they use, as its poor - try getting two seats together in a block, if you cant it chucks you back to the beginning saying theres none available (but there is for a single).

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda
Annoyingly the 3 seats next to me are free, 2 of the 3 may be taken, but the last seat my friend would be happy with as it would be next to me, there are also 4 seats in front of me and 3 behind, and this in the north stand all owned by famililes with kids that have not been for weeks!

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003

Agreed.

dac1980

Sep 20, 2011
Which I fully agree with, but why bother making it 10 points only? I understand we dont want an end full of New****** fans (I more than anyone else could not stand that and would probably end up been thrown out for language towards them) but still my friend plays Semi Pro football and Sunday League, and has a chance to go for once due to early winter kick off!

I would imagine the need for some points is to stop anyone signing up and getting a ticket (ie out of area people who may want to cause trouble in the stadium), I personally can't see this happening but i presume there has to be an element of control i suppose.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
I don't see why at this late stage the tickets cannot go on general sale to people on the database. It would be daft not to sell all the available tickets if the demand is there.

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda
I would imagine the need for some points is to stop anyone signing up and getting a ticket (ie out of area people who may want to cause trouble in the stadium), I personally can't see this happening but i presume there has to be an element of control i suppose.

But tickets go on general sale for League games to people with no points, so what is the difference?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

I imagine, for this particular game, it's to stop Newcastle fans buying in the home ends, but feck it - take the risk. There's no history between the clubs, anyone out of order can be sorted by the stewards.

Let's not get into the position where non-regulars always assume that tickets are sold out and/or they do not qualify to buy them. We'll need these people next season.

dac1980

Sep 20, 2011
But tickets go on general sale for League games to people with no points, so what is the difference?

Presumably as it's a more high profile game, all sounds daft to me too, we have everything in place eg stewards, police etc so i can't see how a couple of troublemakers would be able to do much, i may be way off the mark with my reasoning, like everybody else you would prefer to see it sold out and people who can go as it's a late ko can get tickets, i also play football on saturdays so can't go every week but will be legging it off at the end of the game with a very swift shower to shoot to the amex thanks to the late ko

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here