Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Can Vicente still be an Albion hero?

Can Vicente still be an Albion hero?

• Total voters

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
All the will he won't he, where is he threads are making it seem like Vicente will not be setting foot in the Amex again but if he does come back and play for us, how will you view him?

Can he be another Calde or is he gonna be a villain regardless?

James Bond's body double

Nov 1, 2009
Southwick
It may well be the agent making the problems we just don't know, and if he comes back I for one will be delighted and I doubt there a Albion fan out there who would not welcome him back.

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
Of course he can.

Pretty much everything to date is speculation, although it's understandable why people get emotive about it.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Yes, IMO all the whingers are very short sighted shouting out their opinions when they have as much idea of the truth as they do of how many stars there are in the night sky

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Of course he could, potentially. But I don't think many on here think he will.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
He's not coming back. Best player in the stripes I've ever seen but it was never going to last. Thanks for the memories. Now let's all find a way of moving on.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Hasn't done anything wrong. It seems pretty clear that the problems are to do with a meddling agent and a nagging wife.

I don't think he's gonna be that easily led, Latins tend to be a bit too macho for that.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Legend, even for his short spell. The club have acted poorly over this. He went with our blessing it seemed with a hope he'd come back, now we've gone back on our word, and invoked the2nd year. I don't see this as Vicente doing a Rooney or Tevez, the guy played for his home town team his whole life despite massive offers from around Europe when he was in his mid-20's.

I mean should we be really upset he's looking to sign for a 2nd div Spanish side an hour from his home town? It's not like he's making a big signing to one of our rivals, he's gone back home to a small club at the road. Can't believe some of the vitriol on here. If anything it should be aimed at our own board for a shoddy handling of the whole situation.

Racek

Wing man to TFSO top boy.
Jan 3, 2010
Edinburgh
What? Because there are threads on NSC he cant be an Albion hero?? Im glad there is a lot more to the Albion than NSC.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
He's clearly not coming back. But if he does, then yes of course I will clap him. Nobody knows the ins and outs of his situation, and with his temperament we'd soon find out whether he really wanted to play for us or not. If he did, then brilliant.

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
Fingers crossed he'll be back. Just thinking about some of his magic moments last season causes stirrings in my nether regions.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
He is a flair player. He is also a lazy fucker who when he loses the ball does no tackling or tracking back.

He is NOT suited to the Championship. Look at our record with him playing at the end of the season.

I think we can do better for our money if he was on high wages as reported elsewhere.

A "box to box" player like Steve Sidwell (see another thread) would be a better bet for a team in our position.

Last edited:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
If he continues to dick us around for another month, and turns up two days before the first league game, I'll be thoroughly dissappointed in him.

Then when he comes on as sub in the 83rd minute of that game, and does a little bit of his special magic to produce the winner, I'll forgive him 100%, and bow before him once more.

Because I am a football fan, and as such am as fickle as f***.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
will he come back no
do i want him back yes
will I love him. off course,

he is holding out for the best deal, thats footballers all over. you cant blame him. you woud if in that position.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here