Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Can I put my dead dog in green bin outside ?

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
In Nepal they call it a Sky burial. Burials are impossible because of the hole digging problem, and the birds and vultures get a square meal and redistribute the atoms.

What channel is that on. Iv'e been though the Sky menu and cant find the programme. Is it on Freeeview or is it enCRIPTed

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
The only thing that has stopped this thread from going GOLD has just been rectified....

I know this thread is a " laugh " but all a bit raw when I saw the title.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I have a tear in my eye... :cry:
THREE HUNDRED POUNDS?

Sure. I wanted to do the right thing until the end.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I was with him at the end after 15 great years together which was the hardest thing I have ever had to do

Was it difficult? Really? Surely everyone with a dog does exactly the same. You don't walk away at the last moment and leave them for vets to just finish off. At least no-one I've ever known has done that, and we didn't with the 2 my family have had over the years.

When you make the commitment to have a pet it doesn't need to be said that you are going to stick at things until the end - it's just what you do.

Or am I reading it all wrong, and most people do abandon their pet before it dies?

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I know, well I hope I know the OP is on a wind up and the " humour " is the same as that book " 100 things to do with a dead Cat " but personally I would and did give my best chum and lifelong companion a decent send off with respect. I was with him at the end after 15 great years together which was the hardest thing I have ever had to do and gave him a private cremation as I could not bare the thought of him on a funeral pyre with hundreds of other dogs being cremated. Therefore I shelled out over £ 300 and had a private cremation ( he knew no differently but I did ) and I have his urn now to spread his ashes over the Downs where we had so many great and happy walks together. I wanted this noble beast to have the best possible send off as that is the very least he deserved but each to their own I guess.

My mate..... And Vegster will vouch for this used to live above a vets in Worthing and they had an incinerator for cremating pets and the door was tiny. The vet had a large saw though where he would cut the legs off big dogs to get them in after rigor mortis had set in. He used to do em in the evening when surgery had finished. Noisey it was.... We thought at first he was making book shelves for the waiting room

Last edited:

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Was it difficult? Really? Surely everyone with a dog does exactly the same. You don't walk away at the last moment and leave them for vets to just finish off. At least no-one I've ever known has done that, and we didn't with the 2 my family have had over the years.

When you make the commitment to have a pet it doesn't need to be said that you are going to stick at things until the end - it's just what you do.

Or am I reading it all wrong, and most people do abandon their pet before it dies?

Some do Bozza as seeing your companion die infront of you is too much to bare for some and I can quite understand that.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
My mate..... And Vegster will vouch for this used to live above a vets in Worthing and they had an incinerator for cremating pets and the door was tiny. The vet had a large saw though where he would cut the legs off big dogs to get them in after rigor mortis had set in. He used to do em in the evening when surgery had finished. Noisey it was.... We thought at first he was making book shelves for the waiting room

I will cherish that thought. Thanks for that.

Not everyone stays, a couple of friends of mine have walked out.

I think for some it's because they have made the decision, not the dog, it's because they felt like the executioner.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

I think for some it's because they have made the decision, not the dog, it's because they felt like the executioner.

Fair enough - I had no idea.

As you were - back to the (literal) bin fest...

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Inspired by this thread, I have installed a mousetrap in my shed where there is lots of evidence of mouse activity. Tomorrow I'll be able to put the result in the grey bin. ( For general household rubbish.)

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

That is it Hillian. I felt quilty even though the time had come. It was very hard to do.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK

Oh boy. Was there by any chance a Chinese takeaway next door? #oldskoolunPChumour

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Inspired by this thread, I have installed a mousetrap in my shed where there is lots of evidence of mouse activity. Tomorrow I'll be able to put the result in the grey bin. ( For general household rubbish.)

Stripping out our old airing cupboard at the moment prior to fitting the new bathroom and found some mouse droppings so got the missus to pick up something from The Range to get rid. She rang me and told me she has bought it and it is called A Mouse Station. **** me I thought, now we'll need track, points and a little mouse railway porter. Do Hornby still do all that ?

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Stripping out our old airing cupboard at the moment prior to fitting the new bathroom and found some mouse droppings so got the missus to pick up something from The Range to get rid. She rang me and told me she has bought it and it is called A Mouse Station. **** me I thought, now we'll need track, points and a little mouse railway porter. Do Hornby still do all that ?

Wow you must have a big airing cupboard in your house if you can fit a bathroom in it, unless you are fitting a very small bathroom. :smile::smile:

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Eiderdown a few stiff drinks then if you feel quilty.

I did. I had nothing to be guilty about as I did all I could until the end. I do know this thread is black humour though and am not offended by it.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Wow you must have a big airing cupboard in your house if you can fit a bathroom in it, unless you are fitting a very small bathroom. :smile::smile:

I need a small bathroom suite to go in there for the mice. Now they have their little station they're well set. They have been ripping up cotton buds that had fallen behind the shelves. I'd let them stay really if it was up to me but my wife is not keen on them. I like the idea of adding to the station though with some small plastic trees and that.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
tube-farringdon.jpg
Must be a bit like this station.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Some do Bozza as seeing your companion die infront of you is too much to bare for some and I can quite understand that.

Sorry but I feel a visit from the spelling checker is required.

Sorry for your loss and completely agree with your sentiments. (Even though it is a really funny thread and I really hope the OP was having a laugh) BUT IT IS BEAR not BARE!!!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here