Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Can I put my dead dog in green bin outside ?

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Put his dead dog in a green bin outside? He's going to need a good technique and significant arm strength.

With the dog's weight in the bin, the OP has to be careful not to overbalance and step outside the circle. The bin containing the dog has to be released above the height of the shoulder and using only one hand.

Assuming the OP has constructed the concrete circle (7 foot in diameter) and nailed down the stopboard close to the front door, I think it's entirely possible that he can put this outside. The momentum of the dog/bin combo should take it further forward on impact with the ground, though this is, of course, dependent on the surface. I would suggest building a patio to reduce gravel/grass friction.

Of course, the judges will mark the put on where the bin hits the ground and not where it ends up.

It's worth remembering this to avoid a potential post-competition binfest.

Last edited:

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Why not sneak out in the middle of the night and affix the dead dog by his lead to the bumper of a car ? Then it's someone elses problem.

Edit : Not forgetting to cut the micochip out of course.

Last edited:

Having a patio didn't stop Fred West.

And a (relatively) serious suggestion. When my daughters rabbit died we took it to the Booth Natural History Museum in Dyke Road. I don't know if they used it in an exhibit or just incinerated it, but my dahughter was happy (as a happy as a girl can be who has just lost her pet rabbit).

Maybe worth a call if you are not on a wind-up? http://www.brighton-hove-rpml.org.uk/Museums/boothmuseum/Pages/home.aspx

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
When my daughters rabbit died we took it to the Booth Natural History Museum in Dyke Road. I don't know if they used it in an exhibit or just incinerated it

Or maybe something else. Just seen this on their website...

When its time to take a break, why not visit our family restaurant?
Whether its a light bite or a hearty meal, the Booth Bistro has something to cater for every taste and budget.

Rabbit stew subject to availability.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
You could have the head mounted on the bonnet of your car?

Dog's head.jpg

Kind of like the above but eventually turning into a rather striking skull!

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I know, well I hope I know the OP is on a wind up and the " humour " is the same as that book " 100 things to do with a dead Cat " but personally I would and did give my best chum and lifelong companion a decent send off with respect. I was with him at the end after 15 great years together which was the hardest thing I have ever had to do and gave him a private cremation as I could not bare the thought of him on a funeral pyre with hundreds of other dogs being cremated. Therefore I shelled out over £ 300 and had a private cremation ( he knew no differently but I did ) and I have his urn now to spread his ashes over the Downs where we had so many great and happy walks together. I wanted this noble beast to have the best possible send off as that is the very least he deserved but each to their own I guess.

Last edited:

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Why not sneak out in the middle of the night and affix the dead dog by his lead to the bumper of a car ? Then it's someone elses problem.

Edit : Not forgetting to cut the micochip out of course.

You ain't done this before have ya vegster......

Then the Old bill come round in the morning because either

1: The dog lead has a tag which has luckys name on it and the neighbour realises along with the lack of barking over the last few days twas you that did it.
2: The dog lead has a tag...... with a reward and address on.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
You ain't done this before have ya vegster......

Then the Old bill come round in the morning because either

1: The dog lead has a tag which has luckys name on it and the neighbour realises along with the lack of barking over the last few days twas you that did it.
2: The dog lead has a tag...... with a reward and address on.

What I'm suggesting is that you tie it to a car owned by someone you don't particularly like, obviously you make sure there is nothing to link you to the dog first. But imagine the fun if said recipient of dead dog is half asleep in the morning and drives to work without realising ?

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
what i'm suggesting is that you tie it to a car owned by someone you don't particularly like, obviously you make sure there is nothing to link you to the dog first. But imagine the fun if said recipient of dead dog is half asleep in the morning and drives to work without realising ?

that is out of order and a step too far, i do not condone anyone driving to work half asleep.

You tosser

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Sell it on e-Bay.

"Good home wanted for docile dog. Ideal family pet for those with limited time for walks. Guaranteed not to bite children, chase cats or chew up the post."

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
In Nepal they call it a Sky burial. Burials are impossible because of the hole digging problem, and the birds and vultures get a square meal and redistribute the atoms.

You know what ? You may just have something there. If the OP is in Whitehawk or in the Scoom all they would need is a step ladder and some rope and bobs your uncle, not sure how it will affect your reception though, I suppose that depends on the density of the dog ? If the OP is on cable then it's back to the drawing board....

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
I know, well I hope I know the OP is on a wind up and the " humour " is the same as that book " 100 things to do with a dead Cat " but personally I would and did give my best chum and lifelong companion a decent send off with respect. I was with him at the end after 15 great years together which was the hardest thing I have ever had to do and gave him a private cremation as I could not bare the thought of him on a funeral pyre with hundreds of other dogs being cremated. Therefore I shelled out over £ 300 and had a private cremation ( he knew no differently but I did ) and I have his urn now to spread his ashes over the Downs where we had so many great and happy walks together. I wanted this noble beast to have the best possible send off as that is the very least he deserved but each to their own I guess.

The only thing that has stopped this thread from going GOLD has just been rectified....

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
My mates cat was put down yesterday and the vet charged him over a £ 100.00 for the jab and the cremation. What made me laugh was that he gave the cat a sedative firstly because he told him that the cat seemed agitated. ( extra 15 quid) I don't know why I thought that was funny.
Anyway 100 sovs just for that. I've got a shovel and a brazier and I reckon there is gap in the market here.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
My mates cat was put down yesterday and the vet charged him over a £ 100.00 for the jab and the cremation. What made me laugh was that he gave the cat a sedative firstly because he told him that the cat seemed agitated. ( extra 15 quid) I don't know why I thought that was funny.
Anyway 100 sovs just for that. I've got a shovel and a brazier and I reckon there is gap in the market here.

For that sort of money I would have needed a sedative too.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex

I have a tear in my eye... :cry:
THREE HUNDRED POUNDS?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here