Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

"Can I Get A...?" English people Talking and Behaving Like Yanks

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
Anyone who says "Can I GET a... coffee/drink in the pub/something off the menu" is a PRICK. Pure and simple. Same with saying "I'm good!" when someone asks how you are. And the same goes for people eating their dinner just with their fork like they are a toddler.

Any others or has that covered it? I have not mentioned inner city gun crime in the How We Ape Americans rant as I am learning the Binfest rules now.

coventrygull

the right one
Jun 3, 2004
Bridlington Yorkshire
Anyone who says "Can I GET a... coffee/drink in the pub/something off the menu" is a PRICK. Pure and simple. Same with saying "I'm good!" when someone asks how you are. And the same goes for people eating their dinner just with their fork like they are a toddler.

Any others or has that covered it? I have not mentioned inner city gun crime in the How We Ape Americans rant as I am learning the Binfest rules now.

I blame high school musical utter cack.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM

I normally get pissed off with that - it is ignorance. But I don't always get pissed off with it, because I'm alright now.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
It is f***ing hilarious. My personal hate is in a pub when people say 'can I get..'. Its like f***ing spitting in the face of Englishness, doing it in a pub. Knock yourself out in Starbucks, the fact you are in there marks you down as a cnt before you even need to start talking.

crasher

Jul 8, 2003
Sussex
Meet with.

"I'm meeting with him tomorrow". No you're not, you're meeting him. No need for an extra word.

Bloody septics.

Playing On The Grit

Twitter: @leighjcooper
Apr 2, 2008

I hate ordering a coffee or food and the assistant asks "Is that to go?"....No, It's to f***ing TAKE AWAY.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Trouble is, it is tooooo easy to find yourself saying it.

I agree 100%, it is a horrible way to speak, but it is infectious when you hear it on the TV/Radio so much.

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
I hate ordering a coffee or food and the assistant asks "Is that to go?"....No, It's to f***ing TAKE AWAY.

Dear Americans,

I think you'll find THIS is Togo:

chimaybfl2.gif

That is all.

Yours respectfully

Trufflehound (Mrs)

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
FFS get a life. If language did not evolve then we would all go around asking 'How art thou' etc. Haven't you anything more important to get annoyed with? I'm sure you will find something in this post to complain about.

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
FFS get a life. If language did not evolve then we would all go around asking 'How art thou' etc. Haven't you anything more important to get annoyed with? I'm sure you will find something in this post to complain about.

Thou shouldst learn to chill out a bit.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I normally get pissed off with that - it is ignorance. But I don't always get pissed off with it, because I'm alright now.

how come an American TV show character gets away with being "pissed" off before the watershed over here when there would be uproar if it was said on Eastenders

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here