Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Can anyone help me find a new home for my cat? :(

Seagull Stew

Long story really but the propety company have seen my cat fowling on the premises (which is what cats do) and therefore have told me to get rid of the cat or they will take legal action as this breaks leasehold regulations. I can keep my cat if he stays indoors but feel this would be unfair on a male tabby that likes to hunt and run around all day.

But surely the property company's conditions would have already been in place before you either a) signed the lease knowing you were going to bring a cat in with you or b) bought a cat without checking your lease agreement to see if you were allowed to.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
But surely the property company's conditions would have already been in place before you either a) signed the lease knowing you were going to bring a cat in with you or b) bought a cat without checking your lease agreement to see if you were allowed to.

I bought the flat knowing that you ARE allowed to keep a cat, yes it is my fault that I did not read the tiny small print that explained about if an animal causes damage or fowling on the premises. Anyway, I am gutted enough about having to give up my cat and am trying to do the right thing by giving him to a new loving home so I could do without the criticism. Thanks.

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
I would not want your cat fouling on my premises..

Cat owners are some of the most irresponsible pet owners there are..

The "cute" little kittens are bought to please the kids and then just let loose outside to foul in everyone else's gardens..

At least most responsible dog owners pick up the mess...

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
The "cute" little kittens are bought to please the kids and then just let loose outside to foul in everyone else's gardens..

That could be said of any pet bought by a parent. I didn't have kids when I irresponsibly got my cats from an animal rescue centre so who was I trying to please?

Some but by no means all.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Ever seen a cat owner picking up the cat mess?.........NO because it is never in their own garden..

Peace out!

Generally a cat will dig a hole and cover it up when finished whereas a dog will just stop wherever it happens to be when it needs to go. Unfortunately, as they are being walked by a human this tends to be in public places like footpaths, pavements, parks etc.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Ever seen a cat owner picking up the cat mess?.........NO because it is never in their own garden...

My cats shit in my garden, or in their litter tray, which is why you never see me picking it up. When did you last see cat shit in the street? As opposed to dog shit?

Screaming J

He'll put a spell on you
Jul 13, 2004
Exiled from the South Country
I tried that for 2 days but he literally throws himself at the window and cries looking out longingly at the outside world. It would be cruel to keep him locked in all the time.

I don't buy this indoor cat business. My Great Aunt (who lives in Newick - but she doesn't know Danny Cullip!) has three show cats that she keeps indoors all the time. Not only do they pong the place out and make everyone who goes round there sneeze & cough, but they seem really pissed off and make a bee line for the back door every time they think there's a chance to escape.

That's why I never got a cat when I had a flat; personally I didn't think it was fair on Puss. Now we've got a house its different. You have to give cat a bit of freedom; they'll go nuts otherwise.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Right Ok first thing to do is ring my mate Ron on 01273 422721 he runs LOSTCATSBRIGHTON and has homed more cats than you can shake a stick at if he can't take the cat straight away then it may have to go on his list.
And I will say this IS the only way you might re-home the cat as all rescues/shelters are crambed to the gunnels with cats and you can if you wish say it was me who recommended you to him it might just get you in.
just say to him it was GLASFRYN in Wales

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Ever seen a cat owner picking up the cat mess?.........NO because it is never in their own garden..

Peace out!

I do and our six cats all toilet in our garden mind you it is a very large garden.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I bought the flat knowing that you ARE allowed to keep a cat, yes it is my fault that I did not read the tiny small print that explained about if an animal causes damage or fowling on the premises. Anyway, I am gutted enough about having to give up my cat and am trying to do the right thing by giving him to a new loving home so I could do without the criticism. Thanks.

Dunno if it helps Wilko, but the PDSA just under the bridge by the Brewery Tap (Millers Road?) takes in strays and never puts an animal down. Unlike the RSPCA. Maybe worth bearing in mind as a last resort.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Thanks to those who have provided some really helpful responses. He may be going to live with a potential new owner on Weds depending if he gets on with another male cat that already lives there. Otherwise I will take Glasfryn up on his very helpful offer.

As for those of you that replied on this thread to abuse cats, say how they are irresponsible or I should just let it in to the wild then please kindly f*** OFF.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
I would not want your cat fouling on my premises..

Cat owners are some of the most irresponsible pet owners there are..

Cats dig a hole and bury their shit. Dogs shit on the pavement or on the grass and leave it. There is the difference.

If we want to discuss irresponsible owners then how about those that own dogs where the dog has mauled a child to death. Slightly more irresponsible than the odd bit of cat shit by a tree I would say.

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
We've got to get rid of three of our four cats, because they keep weeing all over the house, and as soon as our Jamie starts crawling it's going to be a nightmare. Am really gutted, cos they're all gorgeous, but it's the only thing to be done sadly.

:(

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here