Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Can anyone help me find a new home for my cat? :(

Cats dig a hole and bury their shit. Dogs shit on the pavement or on the grass and leave it. There is the difference.

If we want to discuss irresponsible owners then how about those that own dogs where the dog has mauled a child to death. Slightly more irresponsible than the odd bit of cat shit by a tree I would say.

Dogs also eat shit and will eat their own vomit. Disgusting animals, can't abide them.

Sigull

'Arte et Marte'
Jul 16, 2003
Bracklesham Bay
I want one.

No no, get a dog

The one absolutely unselfish friend that man can have in this selfish world, the one that never deserts him, the one that never proves ungrateful or treacherous, is his dog. A man's dog stands by him in prosperity and poverty, in health and in sickness.
He will sleep on the cold ground when the wintry winds blow and the snow drives fiercely, if only to be near his master's side. He will kiss the hand that has no food to offer, he will lick the wounds and sores that come in encounters with the roughness of the world. He guards the sleep of his pauper master as if he were a prince.
When all other friends desert, he remains. When riches take wing, and reputation falls to pieces, he is as constant in his love as the sun in its journey through the heavens. If fortune drives his master forth, an outcast in the world, friendless and homeless, the faithful dog asks no higher privilege than that of accompanying him, to guard him against danger, to fight against his enemies.
And when that last scene of all comes, and death takes his master in its embrace and his body is laid away in the cold ground, no matter if all other friends pursue their way, there, by the graveside will the noble dog be found, his head between his paws, his eyes sad, but open in alert watchfulness, faithful and true, even in death

Can't write that about a moggy

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
We've got to get rid of three of our four cats, because they keep weeing all over the house, and as soon as our Jamie starts crawling it's going to be a nightmare. Am really gutted, cos they're all gorgeous, but it's the only thing to be done sadly.

Put food wherever they have wee'd. A cat will never soil where it has eats. It sounds as though there is a territorial thing going on.

No no, get a dog

The one absolutely unselfish friend that man can have in this selfish world, the one that never deserts him, the one that never proves ungrateful or treacherous, is his dog. A man's dog stands by him in prosperity and poverty, in health and in sickness.
He will sleep on the cold ground when the wintry winds blow and the snow drives fiercely, if only to be near his master's side. He will kiss the hand that has no food to offer, he will lick the wounds and sores that come in encounters with the roughness of the world. He guards the sleep of his pauper master as if he were a prince.
When all other friends desert, he remains. When riches take wing, and reputation falls to pieces, he is as constant in his love as the sun in its journey through the heavens. If fortune drives his master forth, an outcast in the world, friendless and homeless, the faithful dog asks no higher privilege than that of accompanying him, to guard him against danger, to fight against his enemies.
And when that last scene of all comes, and death takes his master in its embrace and his body is laid away in the cold ground, no matter if all other friends pursue their way, there, by the graveside will the noble dog be found, his head between his paws, his eyes sad, but open in alert watchfulness, faithful and true, even in death

Can't write that about a moggy

Nope, can't say that about a cat and have it be true!

Right Ok first thing to do is ring my mate Ron on 01273 422721 he runs LOSTCATSBRIGHTON and has homed more cats than you can shake a stick at if he can't take the cat straight away then it may have to go on his list.
And I will say this IS the only way you might re-home the cat as all rescues/shelters are crambed to the gunnels with cats and you can if you wish say it was me who recommended you to him it might just get you in.
just say to him it was GLASFRYN in Wales

See! Told you the Welsh were good for something other than window cleaning.

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
I would not want your cat fouling on my premises..

Cat owners are some of the most irresponsible pet owners there are..

The "cute" little kittens are bought to please the kids and then just let loose outside to foul in everyone else's gardens..

At least most responsible dog owners pick up the mess...

What a load of horseshit that statement really is.:rolleyes:

Owners are not irresponsible, cats do come and go as they please, that's the nature of them. That's not the owners fault, just the fact they are cats.

And anyway, cats dig holes to cover their shite, dogs quite happily shit where they are and walk off. And I highlight the word 'most', because by no means all responsbile dog owners pick up the dog shit. What about when the dog is off the lead around the park, and the owner isn't near? Does a dog try to cover it's own shit then? Does the owner clear it up? I very much doubt it.

:rant:

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Thanks to those who have provided some really helpful responses. He may be going to live with a potential new owner on Weds depending if he gets on with another male cat that already lives there. Otherwise I will take Glasfryn up on his very helpful offer.

As for those of you that replied on this thread to abuse cats, say how they are irresponsible or I should just let it in to the wild then please kindly f*** OFF.

good one mate,try both cats with rescue remedy it might help with the introductions 4 drops in their food or water or on their ear tips otherwise I'm sure Ron will help you its obvious to me you love your cat because you are doing your best for him.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
We've got to get rid of three of our four cats, because they keep weeing all over the house, and as soon as our Jamie starts crawling it's going to be a nightmare. Am really gutted, cos they're all gorgeous, but it's the only thing to be done sadly.

:(

see previous post about rescue remedy they are stressed because of your new member of the family give it a try.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I find this emotion transfer to cats a bit of a scarey thing, have to admit. I can sort of almost understand it in Women Of A Certain Age, my good friend J in Byron Bay, NSW, helps run a Cat Rescue Centre and fosters three or four feral kittens at a time to destroy her furniture and shit on her floors. But in the end, they're CATs, there's millions of the fuckers, and overly caring about one is sweet, on one level, and all respect to the damaged people that do it. But lot of children out there would appreciate your campaigning more. And, face it, who would miss cats in a town, other than their immediate owners. Sly fuckers IMHO. And the cats are no better...

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
The two are mutually intertwined, Mr Hark, IMHO. You can measure people by how they treat their animals. Funny; I can remember that it was once necessary to have a licence to own a dog but no such licence was necessary to have a child.

If one can't even care about an animal, the needs of most of which are fairly basic, how can one be expected to take proper care of a child? So I think the two are not mutually exclusive.

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
see previous post about rescue remedy they are stressed because of your new member of the family give it a try.

Trouble is, Glasfryn, they've been doing it for a while now, long before Jamie was even a twinkle in our eye. My wife's two cats moved into a house where my two cats already lived and the weeing began.

We've got a Feliaway plug-in that helps a bit, but I really do think they're gonna have to go :(

csider

Dec 11, 2006
Hove
The regulations at my flat state that I am not allowed to keep a cat and so I have to part with my beloved moggy. He is about 18 months old, tabby, fully spayed and had all his injections.

He likes to go outside a lot but is very friendly and well behaved. I have asked around lots of people but no luck so far.

Does anyone know of a good home in the Brighton area for him ? :down:

Got a spare bin liner if you dont get rid of it.:lolol:

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
I have had nightmares with cats shitting in our garden - i hate the fuckers with a passion that is almost beyond imagination. my 2 year old daughter plays in that garden and it is regularly shat on by my neighbours cats - only i do not know which cats from which houses and therefore cat not take the issue up with the owners. Cat scarers and sprays etc have no effect. If i caught one I would have no issue with killing the fucker there and then. My daughters health or the cat ? - no doubt in my mind...

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
I have had nightmares with cats shitting in our garden - i hate the fuckers with a passion that is almost beyond imagination. my 2 year old daughter plays in that garden and it is regularly shat on by my neighbours cats - only i do not know which cats from which houses and therefore cat not take the issue up with the owners. Cat scarers and sprays etc have no effect. If i caught one I would have no issue with killing the fucker there and then. My daughters health or the cat ? - no doubt in my mind...

haha you will burn in hell for that.....

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Trouble is, Glasfryn, they've been doing it for a while now, long before Jamie was even a twinkle in our eye. My wife's two cats moved into a house where my two cats already lived and the weeing began.

We've got a Feliaway plug-in that helps a bit, but I really do think they're gonna have to go :(

Give it a go with the rescue remedy anyway as re-homing two or three is really going to be difficult and by the way Feliway diffusers can cause some fighting in multi -cat households

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
We took my daughter's cat in last year when we already had two. As said before, we put little bowls of cat biscuits wherever we found wee. At one point there were 5 bowls around the house.
It stopped it, we've had no problems since and their bowls of food are kept in the kitchen now.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne

better to find a solution (try Roar) than to have your daughter visiting you in Prison because rightly or wrongly the law is really on the side of the cat with the new animal welfare law and INMHO the law has been a long time coming and is not strong enough .................you should work in a shelter in a city and see just how vicious and nasty humans can be to animals.
and I agree with one of the previous posters you can judge a person by the way he/she treats animals ....................might be an idea to talk to your neighbour and come to some agreement if it were me I would come over and clear it up

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
We took my daughter's cat in last year when we already had two. As said before, we put little bowls of cat biscuits wherever we found wee. At one point there were 5 bowls around the house.
It stopped it, we've had no problems since and their bowls of food are kept in the kitchen now.

It does work Yorkie

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here