Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Can a child use an Adult ticket?

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
Change of plan on Saturday by a friend, so I am taking my daughter to the game, is this usually a problem for a child to get in on an adult ticket.

I presume it is more of a problem for an adult to get in on a child ticket. ( would have to be a small adult ).

Cheers for any help

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Firstly, ask yourselves why on earth an adult cannot use a ticket that was bought for a child and ponder the imponderable as to whether the same reasons would apply the other way round. If you struggle with this, the clue is the price paid!!!!!!

Last edited:

mwrpoole

Sep 10, 2010
Sevenoaks
anyone can use a full price ticket, be a child, student, oap etc.

not sure how 'concessions' will be monitored for mis-use but if its like other places i've been with smart cards (stamford bridge for example) different colour lights come on to identify concession tickets and its up to the stewards to spot it, which isn't easy when everyone's piling in with 10mins to go!

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
Firstly, ask yourselves why on earth a adult cannot use a ticket that was bought for a child and ponder the imponderable as to whether the same reasons would apply the other way round. If you struggle with this, the clue is the price paid!!!!!!

I am not struggling with this, I believe that there is no problem a child using an adult ticket because the club are not losing out. Just wanted it confirmed. Not too much to ask I thought.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I am not struggling with this, I believe that there is no problem a child using an adult ticket because the club are not losing out. Just wanted it confirmed. Not too much to ask I thought.

Ah but to quote your original post, you said you presume it is more of a problem for a child to use an adult ticket. Well, the use of the word more would suggest you believe it is a problem for a child to use an adult ticket but that you think it it worse if the adult is using a child ticket. Perhaps if you had said something along the lines of ' I presume there is no problem with a child using an adult ticket although I appreciate it is not the same is an adult is using a child's ticket'. Clarity, it's the name of the game.

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
Ah but to quote your original post, you said you presume it is more of a problem for a child to use an adult ticket. Well, the use of the word more would suggest you believe it is a problem for a child to use an adult ticket but that you think it it worse if the adult is using a child ticket. Perhaps if you had said something along the lines of ' I presume there is no problem with a child using an adult ticket although I appreciate it is not the same is an adult is using a child's ticket'. Clarity, it's the name of the game.

I thank you for clarifying that for me. Much appreciated.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Another strong contender for JCL of the season, and it hasn't even started yet!!!

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles
Once again, picking on the newbies. A simple question, perhaps worded incorrectly but still a simple, straight forward question asked by someone who just wanted an answer from his football teams forum. How dare he...

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Might be a bit tricky in future when the smartcard is swiped and your daughter is greeted with an announcement of "Thank You , Sir" :lol:

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
anyone can use a full price ticket, be a child, student, oap etc.

not sure how 'concessions' will be monitored for mis-use but if its like other places i've been with smart cards (stamford bridge for example) different colour lights come on to identify concession tickets and its up to the stewards to spot it, which isn't easy when everyone's piling in with 10mins to go!

On Monday when my son (8) went through the turnstile the light went orange, for me it went green

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
On the basis that you are swiping it through an unmanned ticket machine how is it going to know :shrug:

edit as just read the lights system above :facepalm:

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Once again, picking on the newbies. A simple question, perhaps worded incorrectly but still a simple, straight forward question asked by someone who just wanted an answer from his football teams forum. How dare he...

If your are refering to me then I didn't pick on him because he was a newbie.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here