Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Campsite recomendations

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
From what I remember seeing - to use an electric hook-up, you need a special hook-up cable - presumably quite heavy duty and outdoors/water proof. So if you intend to use a hook-up you'll need to buy one of those first - you can't just plug in a standard home extension lead or similar.

Correct.

Awning/Tent Mains Kit - 3 Outlet from Towsure

I ruddy LOVE camping

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Re: Electric Hook Ups most sites set the trip on the fuse box at about 10amp although some charge more and allow 16amps. One thing not to do is connect a standard home kettle (Tesco or Asda £5 type) and a home toaster as that will probably trip the fuse box. We either boil the kettle and use the gas grill for toast or vice versa, use the toaster and boil the kettle on the cooker.

Martinf

SeenTheBlue&WhiteLight
Mar 13, 2008
Lewes
Cant be bothered to look through the whole thread but this place - the Inside Park at Blandford Forum in Dorset is great:

Home

Sandy Balls (also known as Muddy Bollocks when it rains) in the New Forest is OK.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Have never been to Sandy Balls but grandchildren have and said it was fairly good but having checked it out it is very expensive. 10 days in June on a serviced pitch is £315
We are going to Ilfracombe for the same period with hookup and it is £120.00

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
My Dad used to take us camping to Salcombe. So 55 years later, what do I do for the past 5 years or so, take jnr. camping to Salcombe.
Every year I ask him if he would like to go abroad. No! camping to Salcombe. :moo::sheep::hilton:

Here http://www.bolberryparks.co.uk/

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
You should thank your Dad. Your son is wise beyond his years.
image001.jpg

I would have been the same age (13) when I took this in the 50's. :laugh:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
How is the great NSC camping Summer coming along?

Thinking about a weekend in September to give Ben his first canvas experience.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Ben has gone to Birchwood Touring Park at Wareham there is 5 families that have gone for the weekend and looking at the website and what he tells me it is ideal for most ages and not overly expensive even at this time of the year.

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
Camping

Other than the odd weekend at a festival, I haven't really been camping since I was a kid, something I'd like to change. So, recommendations for good, not too far (couple hours drive), camp sites? Guessing New Forest might be a good place to start! I don't really know "what I want" from my camp site, I guess; clean, safe, and near "things to-do".

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Other than the odd weekend at a festival, I haven't really been camping since I was a kid, something I'd like to change. So, recommendations for good, not too far (couple hours drive), camp sites? Guessing New Forest might be a good place to start! I don't really know "what I want" from my camp site, I guess; clean, safe, and near "things to-do".

Merged into an existing decent thread on the subject for you.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Ooh this is a timely bounce was just about to start looking for this summer.

How quickly do they get booked up?

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
Useful website for all things camping

The UK Camp Site for Tent and Caravan Campers in the UK

We went for the first time last summer and this website proved very helpful for all aspects.

We stayed at Merley Court holiday park in Dorset which was great as there was loads of amenities including a swimming pool and a bar on site and the pitches were nice and big with electric hookups, made our first camping experience a good onealtohugh it doesn't look like we are going to get a chance to get away again this year as we have booked up other holidays already but we may try and squeeze a long weekend in somewhere.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here