Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Campsite recomendations

Forest Holidays: Ashurst Caravan Park and Campsite, New Forest Camp site

went here last year and had a fun time despite it pissing down. Has a good, very child friendy (large playground etc) pub next to the site which helped!

I stayed here the day before I did my D of E silver hike a few weekends ago-would definetly recommmend it!

Sandy Balls is great as well with loads to do, and if the kids are old enough i'd recommend a day doing one of the cycle routes-good chance of bumping into some donkeys which they'll be sure to love!!

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
If you do have a dog, Roundhill accepts them.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
I can recommend a lovely campsite outside of Swindon Giraffe, PM me for details.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
as we got older we moved on to caravanning from a purely comfort viewpoint but I would recommend camping to anyone wanting to create happy fsamily memories.

New Forest is a great starting point to get you hooked

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I've been a bit of a holiday snob in the past and the thought of holidaying camping filled me with absolute horror...

...I'm a massive camping and UK holiday convert.

That's the 'place' wifey wants to get me too.
This is a very positive thread, but nevertheless I do like my own bathroom, and simple luxuries like walls, I guess now, only the summer can decide.

dje shoreham

Nov 2, 2009
lots of people have recommended the new forest which is a good call if you are starting. if you want to go a bit further recommend sun valley just down from st austell - if it rains your 15mins from eden project.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Went to Sun Valley about 25 years ago it was great. Bought a trailer tent last year and went to Pentewan Sands just outside Mevagissey that was also very good. The price differs a lot for sites so it is wise to check. 2 things we always want is that it is on a bus route, old fogeys pass and it has electric hook up. Been to some brilliant sites and fortunately not that many bad ones.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
If you're thinking local try Heaven Farm. Cheap, great for the kids and only half an hour away from Brighton if it all turns shitty.

Johnny Fever

Jan 11, 2010
Hollands Wood, Brockenhurst. Had some great trips there years ago. Great for kids. Pubs nearby. Take bikes if you have them. Don't leave food in your tent, the ponies will tear them to bits trying to get it. Happy days

D

Deleted member 2719

This thread has inspired me to check out camping with a baby and it sounds like it wouldn't be an issue from an anti-social perspective...

The UK Camp Site for Tent and Caravan Campers in the UK

I want to give it a go later this year now.

You may well have now inspired me,Mrs Mouldy,3yr old Mouldy and our little noisy bundle of 5months now!

We were going put it off this year because of the noise but she does sleep well, stuff the rest of em.

:angel:

D

Deleted member 2719

We have promised the kids we will go camping this year. We have the tent, and some of the will, but where should we go? Likely to only be a long weekend rather than any longer.

Anyone got any good suggestions for campsites. We're thinking of New Forest way perhaps, but happy to consider further afield for the right site.

A couple of tips

1. don't pitch too near the loo's are you will have every f*cker walking past you all night.
2.If going to the Forrest take something with you capable of moving horse shit as you may have to clear a pitch first or like we had clear some steaming turd from our doorway an hour after we had set up!!

We had a great time in France just outside Paris the other year although we had heavy rain and thunderstorms but it surprising how fun it can still be, i spy my little eye something beginning with T !!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here