Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Campaign to Slow Down the Singing of GOSBTS.

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
After the thread titiled "Campaign for NO Goal Music at The Amex", I think we also need a campaign to slow down the singing of our anthem by the time we take up residence at Falmer.
People that know me know that this is a pet subject of mine.
I cringe every time I hear GOSBTS sung now-a-days.
It gets sung faster each week.
I've posted on this subject before, and written an article in one of last season's programmes, alas to no avail.
With this campaign, you can make a difference at the very next game.
Just sing at the correct speed, get everyone around you to do the same, until the new speed spreads and it becomes the norm, unless of course, you think that there's a prize for finishing singing it first!

Muhammad - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
here here :bowdown:

i really struggle to get goo ol sus by t sea.
out

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Russ informs me that the BHAlbas at Carlisle were singing it at the correct speed with the verses as well albeit with a Scottish lilt :lol:

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Yep completely agree. Sounds much better. Charlton seems like the ideal place to start this off and get it done properly. Fliers?

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Perhaps it would encourage people to find the right tempo if they sang along when the brass band version is played as the players come out?

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
This needs to be sorted before Falmer indeed. As someone else stated, I think Charlton away is the perfect opportunity. The Spurs 'Go marching in' is a good example of how much better a song sounds slooooooooooooowly.

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
i was the one trying to get them to slow down "oh when the stripes" last night

Yep. I heard that. Great effort.
Let's give GOSBTS a real concerted effort.
Any H blockers out there please note.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
We have to start singing the words. It is the only way we will slow it down now. Imagine how good it would be if we ran out at Falmer with the whole crowd singing along. We need to make this happen.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
We have to start singing the words. It is the only way we will slow it down now. Imagine how good it would be if we ran out at Falmer with the whole crowd singing along. We need to make this happen.

No.

the words are horribly dated and NAFF.

Slow it down, but for christ sake don't start singing about hearts being gay and ploughing and sewing!

Marc1901

Peace out.
Apr 26, 2009
The Championship.
Yep. I heard that. Great effort.
Let's give GOSBTS a real concerted effort.
Any H blockers out there please note.

You will not get your point across to some people in H block. :drool:

As someone has suggested , try it at charlton and with the amount we will take it should ( if sang at the right speed ) sound really good. :thumbsup:

D

Deleted User X18H

So who are the people singing it quickly? Stand up and name your reasons why!

Is it possible they may not come on here? I mean is it?

It is of course ones personal choice if you sing GOSBTS in an agitato style or a lento moderato style.

Perhaps both could sing together, a bit like frere jacques.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Would it help to shout SLOW at the start?!

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
It would be brilliant if everyone sung the first verse, but perhaps that might happen after the "slow down".
The "duh, duh de duh" etc and chorus sung low and slow would sound awesome.
I know this, as this used to be sung properly at the Goldstone in the North Stand in the '60s, '70's and '80's.
It seemed to speed up in the '90's and has gathered momentum ever since.
In the Goldstone North Stand days, after a good 90 minute singing session, your ears would be ringing, and the hairs on the back of your neck would have stood up when GOSBTS got going.
We can re-create this at the Amex, no problem.
But we need to stamp out this singing race mentalitly, now.
H block, are you listening? This needs your help.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here