Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Cameron Peupion

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I rather get Fati back for another season under Fab.
Seriously
I'd rather see Peupion out on a decent loan (not like the last one) - he's one of about ten we need to loan/move on tomorrow; loan in his case, I think.
Fati can go and be loaned out anywhere that'll take him. Barcelona need to offload - just not here, please.

albionalex

Feb 26, 2009
Toronto
I said when I started this thread in 2023 (which was weirdly merged under your 2020 post announcing his move from Oz!) that he would debut/have match time with the first team last year. 😉 It was obvious to me what qualities he had by watching him play for the U’s but it’s a big step up in terms of pace and intensity from PL2 to the PL as we know.
Three managers (Potter, RDZ and FB) as did Lallana, have now seen his potential (not just in his ‘professionalism’ and commitment but in his football too) and given him time with the first team. (I thought he did ok in Roma btw). His loan to Cheltenham was an abject failure - not least because I think he’s better than 3rd tier football but also Clarke’s changes to Cheltenham after Elliot was sacked, basically froze Peupion out of the starting line ups. It was also a great shame RDZ didn’t release him for the Olympic call up too with the Olyroos - because he was needed to help cover injuries for us at the end of last season - that also would have been great experience.

He’d perhaps benefit from another loan (maybe to Celtic?) or at least one of the European leagues that could toughen/bulk him up a bit.

Not given up on him yet but he’s now 21 so this season could be career defining.

I know the SPL is shit but I don't think Celtic would be interested in a soon to be 22 year old with less than 10 senior appearances (most of which were in L1).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here