Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Cameron Peupion

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Can see a number of the youngsters who have filled in more regularly leaving on permanent deals now. Personally him, Samuel’s & Offiah aren’t going to make it at our new level. Not seen much of Weir but probably him too.
out of those, only one I would give some extra time and that’s Offiah

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Can see a number of the youngsters who have filled in more regularly leaving on permanent deals now. Personally him, Samuel’s & Offiah aren’t going to make it at our new level. Not seen much of Weir but probably him too.
Peupion, Samuels and Offiah need decent loans - they've only so far had terrible loans where they hardly got a look in, and very little game time. To be fair, Offiah's loan at Hearts was going OK until he had his mystery illness. Providing they all have contracts, or contract extensions to 2026 or later (so they have potential sale value next summer if that's the way it goes) I'd be happy to see what they do on loan.
Weir, after spending three seasons in League 1 (two of them good, the last one not so) has probably reached the end of the line with us, as has Turns (two seasons in League 1 and 2). Bearing in mind we only got £500K for Leonard, I don't expect we'll get a lot.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Peupion, Samuels and Offiah need decent loans - they've only so far had terrible loans where they hardly got a look in, and very little game time. To be fair, Offiah's loan at Hearts was going OK until he had his mystery illness. Providing they all have contracts, or contract extensions to 2026 or later (so they have potential sale value next summer if that's the way it goes) I'd be happy to see what they do on loan.
Weir, after spending three seasons in League 1 (two of them good, the last one not so) has probably reached the end of the line with us, as has Turns (two seasons in League 1 and 2). Bearing in mind we only got £500K for Leonard, I don't expect we'll get a lot.
I thought Peupion had a chance at Cheltenham during the period when they couldn’t score.

Out of those that came on last night I think only Weir will make it in terms of us.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Not seen much to suggest any of them will - miles off the kind of player we’re filling the squad with now.
Yes, they all start somewhere though and Weir showed he could pass plus had physicality, so out all of them, I would say “perhaps”.

You’re right though all a long way from where we are currently

Cordwainer

Jul 30, 2023
Yes, they all start somewhere though and Weir showed he could pass plus had physicality, so out all of them, I would say “perhaps”.

You’re right though all a long way from where we are currently
Agree with this. Thought Weir looked ok, couple of nice touches and looked a good build..all discussed need decent playing loans though.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Agree with this. Thought Weir looked ok, couple of nice touches and looked a good build..all discussed need decent playing loans though.
The level is SO very high though. Not a chance for me, that Weir can make it at this level. He's a long way short of Marc Leonard, for example - and he didn't.

Weir's 22 years old - less than a year younger than O'Riley and Gilmour, and much older than Hinshelwood, Ayari and Baleba.

I guess the club's Technical Director rates him though.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I guess we have a secondary market of players that don’t make the grade with us, but are still profitable, with smaller fees and sell ons to clubs lower down the pyramid. The players benefit from hopefully a decent career.
Yes, that's inevitably the case. More than half the loanees leave the club after returning from their loans without playing for us at all.

Withdean South Stand

Mar 2, 2014
Peupion was our worst player last season, even including Baker-Boaitey. Obviously, the standard now is unbelievably high, but inevitably there has to be a worst player. And it's Peupion. I am stunned he's been given minutes again but it must be a reflection on his attitude in training, his performances in the sessions and his standing with the coaching staff. At this point, I don't want to see him near the first team squad but he might benefit from regular PL2 football.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I thought Peupion had a chance at Cheltenham during the period when they couldn’t score.

Out of those that came on last night I think only Weir will make it in terms of us.
Offiah is the most likely, and that's not that high. Don't think anyone should form an assessment on Weir by last night's cameo.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Offiah is the most likely, and that's not that high. Don't think anyone should form an assessment on Weir by last night's cameo.
But he also played pre season and didn't look that bad i.e. he didn't look out of place, as a centre back he just needs to keep learning about positioning from those around him. Will he be PL standard, possibly not but I think he should be given a bit more time

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Don’t particularly rate Offiah having seen him quite a few times over the last 2 seasons or so.

Some players look the part more than others, and Weir did blend in well IMO out of those who came on. That said last seasons loans weren’t great for him, but then again Ayari’s weren’t either, and he’s looking good.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
but then again Ayari’s weren’t either, and he’s looking good.

not for me clive

Ayari will end up a championship player at best IMO

Very pleased to be proven wrong but normally can spot these things pretty early.

He certainly needs another loan to impress and learn somewhere

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
What about by the full 90 he played against Crawley's reserves in the JPT game, last week?
(Assuming that comment was following the discussion on Weir, not Peupion)

He's had three seasons in midfield in League 1 (primarily attacking midfield, it would seem; 10 goals in 46 for a relegated team would certainly suggest this). The first two loans were quite successful, but last season he was distinctly unappreciated by both Blackpool and Port Vale fans. Three seasons with no apparent progress would appear to suggest he's found his level, and I would expect him to be moved on now.

Interesting that he was tried at CB in Japan though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here