Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cameron is playing a blinder

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2009/may/24/david-camerson-conservative-candidates

I've never voted for the Conservatives, and I lean much more to the centre than most of his party, but I have to say that David Cameron is playing a blinder during the expenses scandal, showing leadership and coming across as frank and open in a way Labour haven't for a long, long time.

Still no idea who I'm going to vote for on June 4th!

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2009/may/24/david-camerson-conservative-candidates

I've never voted for the Conservatives, and I lean much more to the centre than most of his party, but I have to say that David Cameron is playing a blinder during the expenses scandal, showing leadership and coming across as frank and open in a way Labour haven't for a long, long time.

A blinder?

I think that candidate thing will be a load of hot air to be honest, much like when they said you could select their candidate for London Mayor via a telephone vote. Gimmick time again?

This isn't praise of Brown's recent performances before anyone dared think that, simply that Cameron is back to gimmicks such as the primary idea and surely it was the reaction at that guys constituency meeting that forced Dave's hand?

I can't believe that Moran is still a Labour member mind you. I'd have banned her on the spot.

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
Local - conservatives. They do well in this neck of the woods and the Lib Dem and Labour candidates are utter cock-jugglers.

Europe - Going to be the UKIP, purely because I don't want the usual EuroMP dross picking up salaries in the Europe.

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
Europe - Going to be the UKIP, purely because I don't want the usual EuroMP dross picking up salaries in the Europe.

They will only pick up salaries in Europe for a year before they get in as MP's and some lackey further down the list gets in, as I assume will be the case with many Tories.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
I watched most of that interview this morning and he does come across very well. He's one of the few politicians I've seen that seems to understand what all the fuss is about.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I watched most of that interview this morning and he does come across very well. He's one of the few politicians I've seen that seems to understand what all the fuss is about.

How convenient he's suddenly realised.

Been sickening watching him suddenly gasp with surpriseat what's been going on and then attempt to make political capital out of it.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Not so sure, I can't bear watching any of them attempting to score political points out of this, in a "we're less corrupt than you" sort of stance.

Cameron, for all his self-righteous posturing, claimed £600.00 to have some bloody wisteria removed from the outside of his house. Mr Cameron, it should be said at this point, is a millionaire. A millionaire who expects the taxpayer to fund cosmetic work on his home.

It may not be as much as many other MPs have claimed, but it's still cheating the British voting public, therefore he's got absolutely nothing to be smug about IMHO.

The whole lot of them piss me off right now, to be honest.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008

He can talk, but it doesn't take a genius to realise he wouldn't do a better job of running this country than brown is now, or probably even nick griffin for that matter.

NF9

Feb 24, 2009
Brighton
I f***ing hate cameron and everything he stands for, worse than brown and that's saying something.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
The fact is that so many people are utterly pissed off at this whole appalling display of arrogance and greed, that even the likes of Esther Rantzen will WALK into a political seat if, as it's widely suggested, she stands as a candidate in one of the affected constituencies.

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
Thing is, the one who sold the leaks to the Telegraph was a former Tory donor, so it wouldn't surprise me if Cam had a bit of advanced warning about all this.

Cam's stupid primary idea and welcoming people with no Tory past as PPC's is also a load of bollocks. I'm sure the local parties would refuse it, and he can't push candidates down the throats of the local constituency parties, that's hardly good for his image. Plus it throws up the media a chance to mock the candidate, like the one they selected for a by-election in 2007 who joined the Tories a month before hand and was seen smiling with Tony Blair earlier that year.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I f***ing hate cameron and everything he stands for, worse than brown and that's saying something.

What does he stand for oh wise one ?.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Cameron can do no right with a lot of people on here. He has taken action and was very clean himself with the expenses but still people have a pop with unfounded allegations.

sir danny cullip

Feb 14, 2004
Burgess Hill
Cameron can do no right with a lot of people on here. He has taken action and was very clean himself with the expenses but still people have a pop with unfounded allegations.

Too true, so often people criticise him for not standing up and putting forward proposals about the biggest issues but this time he has taken immediate action and imposed new restrictions on his own party immediately rather than waiting around for x and y report/committee to take donkeys to figure out an answer.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
If people actually LISTEN to what Cameron has to say without prejudice and pre judged ideas they will find the bloke has a lot of good ideas and comes across as a decent bloke imo. Of course WHEN he wins the general election next year it may be a crock of shit but for now he is the one Man I would put my tick against.

Comments like " I hate everything he stands " for is BULLSHIT and comes from a 15 year old Boy who probably just said it to gain favour with all the NSC lefties without having ANY knowledge behind the sweeping statement he made.

Do you remember all the budgets Brown did banging on about " prudence " and " no more boom and bust " PAH. Total shit. He spunked away TRILLIONS of pounds on bureaucrats , civil servants and paperwork for EVERYONE trying to do a job from NHS Doctors to Police officers who could not do their jobs properly as they had to file a report first.

He also plundered literally tens of millions of pounds from people's pensions and sold our Gold reserve's at firesale prices.

And still people want to vote for him :wozza:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here