Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Calvin Andrew

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I'd put him ahead of Hart and Davies (who I don't see has a future here) and prefer him to Dicko who isn't doing a great deal. If we can afford him I reckon he's worth a go.

So you think we need to spend money on a third choice striker. Money well spent. Maybe we could whack him on the left wing, he's a left footer afterall!

Great player, great finisher, intelligent runner and only young as well so can only improve, its 100% yes from me.

:laugh: :facepalm:

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Great player, great finisher, intelligent runner and only young as well so can only improve, its 100% yes from me.

Great finisher? He scored 2 in 39 games in his only real season at luton, didnt feature at all for palace last term, and has scored once in the fa cup this season. He scored 3 goals in a side that was doing very well at the end of last season, where every player played out of their skin, i dont think he'd improve our squad enough to make it worthwhile.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Great finisher? He scored 2 in 39 games in his only real season at luton, didnt feature at all for palace last term, and has scored once in the fa cup this season. He scored 3 goals in a side that was doing very well at the end of last season, where every player played out of their skin, i dont think he'd improve our squad enough to make it worthwhile.

I'm talking about what I saw of him last season, he has come on a lot since he was at Luton, I think the Palarse fans like what they see with him also.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Sorry for having a different opinion to you, your highness.

It's no problem at all, I appreciate you taking the time to apologise (at last). :angel:

So we have to spend money on players?

SHIT!

Interesting post. :shrug: I didn't get it, but nevermind. I like how you've ignored my suggestions we need a left winger, mind. I think that's more important than signing a striker with, possibly, potential. Because we're short on strikers but overloaded with left wingers.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Interesting post. :shrug: I didn't get it, but nevermind. I like how you've ignored my suggestions we need a left winger, mind. I think that's more important than signing a striker with, possibly, potential. Because we're short on strikers but overloaded with left wingers.

Well, you said you didn't approve of spending money on a third choice striker, why not? Forster won't go much beyond this season, andrew is young and has impressed here. Hart won't play next season and I can't see Davies here either. Why not sign him on that basis?

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
It's no problem at all, I appreciate you taking the time to apologise (at last). :angel:

WE DON'T NEED A LEFT WINGER, GUS LIKES THIS SYSTEM AND WILL PLAY THIS SYSTEM WHILE HE IS MANAGER, HE HAS ALWAYS USED THIS SYSTEM, HIM AND WISE DID THE SAME FOR LEEDS
clear enough?

Father Jack

Aug 21, 2005
I'd like him here he did well last season and we are missing a forward like him. None of the forwards mentioned are target men of sorts every club has one at this level and I would have him ahead of dicko hart and davies and next season maybe even ahead of fozzie. What andrew does is batter defenders allowing faster forwards to come on and exploit the gaps.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Well, you said you didn't approve of spending money on a third choice striker, why not? Forster won't go much beyond this season, andrew is young and has impressed here. Hart won't play next season and I can't see Davies here either. Why not sign him on that basis?

Fair point, but why sign him in this window? We'll need a new striker in the summer, no chance Hart will be retained and I'm sure Davies will be on his way too, if possible. So we'll need on then, but I wouldn't sign him now. Well, I wouldn't sign him in the summer either, I don't think he's good enough if we want to be in the top 6. If we want to hover in the middle, then by all means, let's snap him up.

WE DON'T NEED A LEFT WINGER, GUS LIKES THIS SYSTEM AND WILL PLAY THIS SYSTEM WHILE HE IS MANAGER, HE HAS ALWAYS USED THIS SYSTEM, HIM AND WISE DID THE SAME FOR LEEDS
clear enough?

Well, son, I don't like this system which is why I'll say we need a left winger. I have as much right to say that, as you do to type your ramblings in bold as if that's going to make them more important. I don't like this system, so my opinion is largely based on that. Which I think is a valid point, considering where we are and it's all about personal opinion.

Mr Poyet and I disagree on rather alot. Unfortunately, his opinion matters. Mine is just my own. :dunce:

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
He's effective.

Effective players work at this level.

Just look at that Odejayi(sp?) lump Colchester play up-front. Andrew's just as talented as him.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
The benchmark for promotion next season is whether he would get into the matchday squad week in, week out for Leeds, Norwich, Charlton or Southampton now. Although I recognise his contribution last year, I think we need to get a higher standard of player !!

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Father Jack speaks the most sense here so far. Andrew (or someone like him) would provide us with a different option...a target man. Murray and Forster are quite similar and Dicko has the first touch of an oaf. Dare I say it but a Heskey type lump up front might me quite useful.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here