Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Calvin Andrew

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley
Forster, Murray, Dickinson, Hart, Davies.
Why are people talking about another striker? And one who is pretty average at best? We don't need ANOTHER squad player to contribute practically nothing. He was brilliant for us last season, his contribution was massive and no proper Albion fan will forget that. But we don't need him to sign permanently.

Why no threads talking about left wingers?

beacause he's better than Dickinson, Hart and Davies. Forster is getting on a bit so won't be able to play 90mins every week and with Murray injury prone i think he would be a good signing.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
I'd like him here he did well last season and we are missing a forward like him. None of the forwards mentioned are target men of sorts every club has one at this level and I would have him ahead of dicko hart and davies and next season maybe even ahead of fozzie. What andrew does is batter defenders allowing faster forwards to come on and exploit the gaps.

*cough*AdamVirgo*cough*

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Lord Calvin of Andrew scored my favourite Albion goal in recent history, at Bristol last year. Then BROKE BONES in the Albion cause, trying to keep us up, despite not even being our player.

The more PETTY-MINDED here will say that a better player would have kicked the BALL rather than the POST, but I say Calvin :bowdown:

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
I thought the guy did well for us when he was here last season, but I'm not convinced he's gonna be the an answer to our current 'problems'.

Btw, who plays left-midfield for the pot-less mob? Could do a job. :smile:

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
Great finisher? He scored 2 in 39 games in his only real season at luton, didnt feature at all for palace last term, and has scored once in the fa cup this season. He scored 3 goals in a side that was doing very well at the end of last season, where every player played out of their skin, i dont think he'd improve our squad enough to make it worthwhile.

spot on. he was okayish last season, scored a couple of headed goals for us but that's about all. looked technically poor, slow, and generally contributed little. in fact his injury in the stockport game last season IMPROVED us, we looked much better once he'd been subbed.

we now have money, ambition and gus. why on earth would we be interested in trying to pick up players like calvin andrew on the cheap?

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
Father Jack speaks the most sense here so far. Andrew (or someone like him) would provide us with a different option...a target man. Murray and Forster are quite similar and Dicko has the first touch of an oaf. Dare I say it but a Heskey type lump up front might me quite useful.

useful for what? a league one relegation scrap? i'm not sure if you've been paying attention but we now have a manager now who wants us to play football from front to back. this is how successful teams operate. you complain about dickinson's first touch then go onto say you think we need a heskey type lump upfront. how many target men do you know have a silky first touch and are sound technically? we don't need target men. we're better than that under gus and TB. we've had to endure more than enough donkeys wearing the sripes over the past 5 seasons thanks (and that includes donkey andrews).

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
useful for what? a league one relegation scrap? i'm not sure if you've been paying attention but we now have a manager now who wants us to play football from front to back. this is how successful teams operate. you complain about dickinson's first touch then go onto say you think we need a heskey type lump upfront. how many target men do you know have a silky first touch and are sound technically? we don't need target men. we're better than that under gus and TB. we've had to endure more than enough donkeys wearing the sripes over the past 5 seasons thanks (and that includes donkey andrews).

f***ing hell, the guy scored a few vital goals last season which saved us from going down and yet apparently he is a 'donkey'? :shrug:

Looked much better than a donkey to me.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
YES please

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
I liked the look of him very much before, would be good to get him on board the Albion "maybe we won't go down this year" ROLLERCOASTER

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley

Craig Davies is a donkey
Calvin Andrew is a MACHINE. :clap2:

SirDouglasLoft

Jul 4, 2008
He wouldn't have been NEARLY as good if it wasn't the GOD he was up top with.

:yahoo:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
He certainly won more headers in one game than Dicko has in the season so far.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
No idea what people see in him, he got a couple of important goals (though one had a strong whiff of own goal about it) but didn't do that much else. He was actually better with his head than his feet, he served a purpose for us, including injuring himself and letting a better player on in his place, but that's not the type of player Gus is looking for.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here