Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Calvin Andrew - The RICH man's Mark McCammon

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I know this will be slightly controversial but...

Calvin Andrew is really not THAT good. Certainly not good enough to warrant playing Forster (note Forster not RUDDY Foster) on the right wing.

His 'goal' the other day was a CLEAR own goal and last night he barely threatened.

I can't help thinking people have perhaps got a bit over-excited about him...

And can Andy Naylor please stop saying he scored the winner the other week. He didn't.

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
f*** me, he's only played two games and scored one goal (he has been credited with it)

I despair at this clubs fans sometimes I really do.

Spider

Sep 15, 2007

Calvin Andrew is really not THAT good. Certainly not good enough to warrant playing Forster (note Forster not RUDDY Foster) on the right wing.

His 'goal' the other day was a CLEAR own goal and last night he barely threatened.

And can Andy Naylor please stop saying he scored the winner the other week. He didn't.

He was very good against Hartlepool, goal or no goal. He wasn't great last night but I would argue that that was very much down to their defenders, who won absolutely everything in the air. To be honest I find it amazing that we managed to score two goals against them.

bright1064

Dec 21, 2007
Brighton
I really don't like Naylor very much, but in his defence he is not the ONLY one saying he scored the winner last week.

As for Andrew, I think he does have a place in the team. He didn't play as well last night, but last week he was winning EVERYTHING in the air, and his hold up play was class.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
With Davies and Forster we have PACE, and that scares any defender. Andrew is good, bettert than a Rich Man's McCammon. He doesnt have the pace of the other two, but he is probably our most effective centre forward, going on the basis that the ball spends the majority of our pocession 15ft up in the air, and he wins the large percentage of headers.

Although Davies and Forster are better players, and strikers than Andrew. They are both USELESS when used with our shit long, high ball tactics employed all season

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
f*** me, he's only played two games and scored one goal (he has been credited with it)

I despair at this clubs fans sometimes I really do.
So how many games do you have to see before it is permitted to form an opinion on a player?

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
He is not terrible by any means.

I guess perhaps I just expect our forwards to pose a goal threat and not just win the odd flick-ons...

The ability to pass or run at players would be nice as well.

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
So how many games do you have to see before it is permitted to form an opinion on a player?

IMHO it's not a valid opinion. It's ridiculous to say that someone isn't good enough after two games. If that was used as a bench mark, we wouldn't have seen the best of Nicky Forster.

It's just another pathetic wind-up thread (which I have admitedly botten on) to try and start some "interesting" conversation.

blue and white army

Jan 31, 2008
Brighton
IMHO it's not a valid opinion. It's ridiculous to say that someone isn't good enough after two games. If that was used as a bench mark, we wouldn't have seen the best of Nicky Forster.

It's just another pathetic wind-up thread (which I have admitedly botten on) to try and start some "interesting" conversation.

He a loan player who shouldn't be starting ahead of a permanent player if it's counterproductive for the team e.g. Forster playing right wing

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Fair point.

You're also right that it's probably been presented in a provocative way.

I don't think that means you can't start to form an opinion - and in the two games so far Andrew has looked a pretty ordinary player, Davies already looks a better bet and I'm positive Forster and Murray are. I think pushing Forster out to the wing to accommodate him is extremely counter-productive.

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
To be fair, he played really well against Hartlepool (even if it wasn't his goal) but he was very well marshalled last night by the Peterboro defence and consequently had very few opportunities. There are some similarities in style between him and Davies.

I would give him a decent run to see what he can do. I saw enough on Saturday to know he can do much better than he was able to show last night against a very strong defence.

BIRCHYBOY27

Nov 25, 2005
brighton

So if Davies has a bad game Saturday will you say that he is not really good as well?

Ok he played well in the first game but i think he got crowded out with Forster and Davies playing up front. He won't start saturday but he is good to bring on.

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
He was poor last night. Davies and Forster should start saturday up top together - could be a good partnership.

he is a typical football league lump. nothing special but does a job yet we have 3 better than him so a place on the bench is what he should be happy with. just hope micky doesnt continue with him and virgo in the side as all virgo and most of the team do is hoof it too him thus creating shit football. come on virgo cb and forster with murray or davies and no defenders in the midfield.

SeagullRic

Jan 13, 2008
brighton
he is a typical football league lump. nothing special but does a job yet we have 3 better than him so a place on the bench is what he should be happy with. just hope micky doesnt continue with him and virgo in the side as all virgo and most of the team do is hoof it too him thus creating shit football. come on virgo cb and forster with murray or davies and no defenders in the midfield.

I'm sure he's going to be really happy with a place on the bench, after coming down here for games.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
He was very good against Hartlepool, goal or no goal. He wasn't great last night but I would argue that that was very much down to their defenders, who won absolutely everything in the air. To be honest I find it amazing that we managed to score two goals against them.

Agreed.

Mind you, I think they found Davies harder to cope with and seemed to have decided to just bundle him over at every opportunity as they clearly weren't going to get carded for their persistant fouling.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here