Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Calvin Andrew - The RICH man's Mark McCammon

murraymint

Aug 13, 2008
I thought he did ok last night. He wins a lot more headers than one of our strikers has for a long time. I also thought his hold up play has been good too. Last night when we started brightly I thought the movement of all three frontmen was very good and caused real problems. Andrew's aerial threat provided space for Carole and I thought generally he linked up quite well with Davies.
Forster did start further up the pitch and it was only when it became blatantly obvious that Peterborough were exposing our right side time and time again that he dropped back.
Andrew also had a very good chance that clipped the bar/just went over at the end of the first half.
The threat he offered did fade dramatically in the second half, as did the threat of pretty much everyone in a striped search.
Generally I think he will be a good addition to the squad for the rest of the season. He offers something different to the other front men and will hopefully be useful either as a starter or from the bench.
Adams obviously has to pick his strongest team, as many others have said, and pick players in their strongest position. I think I would start with Davies and Forster purely for Davies' pace. I would also like Birchall back on the right wing for Saturday and Livermore in the middle with Jarrett.

SNOOBS

Feb 25, 2007
Brighton
Calv is quality, wouldnt say his style of play compliments Owusu's though, and you cant drop Owusu in the form hes in, or Gary Hart for that matter if hes fit. Agree Davies seems the more logical replacement for Gary Hart with his pace but obviously Slade doesn't see it that way.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Yes he did.

BUT

We also had no pace upfront.
How much pace did he need when that corner was swung over? It's always nice to have pacey players, but you can afford to have some in your team who lack speed if they provide other strengths. Teddy Sheringham scored for fun at Millwall, Spurs and Man Utd and was probably slower than Andrews.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here