You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
michael-winner.jpg

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
think its quite sad that a pithy little ad quote can be turned into a row. front benchers are suppoed to have thicker skin and PMQ is not to be taken so seriously.

Tight shorts

Dec 29, 2004
Sussex
Sexist? maybe

Patronising? definitely

Would be pretty annoyed if someone spoke to me like that in a meeting or public arena

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I suggest anyone married commenting on here, or who works with a female colleague, next time you're in a heated discussion, turn to them with a smug silver spoon stuck up your arse public schoolboy toff kind of way and say "calm down dear"...

I'm ducking crockery fast if I said that to my missus!!

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Quite a cheap shot though, seems to struggle a bit during PQT and gets rattled very easily.

I can see his advisers now, head in hands.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Quite a cheap shot though, seems to struggle a bit during PQT and gets rattled very easily.

I can see his advisers now, head in hands.

He is simply becoming more of a tit the more confident he gets. A bit of humility wouldn't go a miss, although not something readily taught at Eton...

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Patronising? definitely

deliberatly so, isnt that the point? par for the course in PMQs, if you heckle expect to be heckled back. now its going to fill the papers, and the actual issue he was stuck on will be overlooked. love how Labour can shift focus away from policy failings onto personality attacks, most people dont actually care about all that (nor of his background, not disimilar to Miliband and many other labour cabinet members).

Last edited:

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
It's a lot of fuss about nothing. And Cameron pisses all over that labour bloke at PMQs everytime.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I genuinely forgot the labour leaders name for a moment he is so anonymous. I hear he is having an operation on his voice though so he can talk properly?

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
It's a lot of fuss about nothing. And Cameron pisses all over that labour bloke at PMQs everytime.

Yes but in today's presentation is everything world, his advisers will be pulling their hair out. They have been trying desperately hard to move his image away from being privileged public school boy. Fretting over what he is going to wear to the wedding etc...

Prior to the election, his image was apparently a bit of a negative with the electorate.

Expect some female friendly PR opportunity in the next few weeks.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I doubt it will make any difference. It's all about the economy stupid. And they're making a better job of it than labour did.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I doubt it will make any difference. It's all about the economy stupid. And they're making a better job of it than labour did.

Difference to what ?

I was simply suggesting that his advisers won't be happy. Already deflected from news about the growth in the economy, which unfortunately is the way of the world. 0.5% doesn't make a good headline, but doing a Michael Winner impression does.

It was a bit odd, I'd imagine he doesn't even know who Michael Winner is and I doubt he's even seen the advert... and that's kind of the point.

It's one of those lines given to a politician by a script writer, part of his kit bag if you like. Thatcher was terrible at delivering them (remember), especially when they referred to popular culture.

So his advisers will be pissed off, they've given him a bullet and he has fired it at the wrong moment.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here