Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
Your boys took one hell of a beating!

Ha! 8-0 at home!

Alfredsson_article.jpg

BendyThumbs

Feb 26, 2005
Toronto
Ouch....don't even get me started. I think i will try to hide until the next game....one of the most embarassing in a very long time.

I just watched clips from my playoff tape collection to make myself feel better if you know what i mean :lolol:

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
:salute: We have been very slow starting this season and do not know why. We have a better team than the last season played but are not cutting it on the ice yet. 8-0 is a bit of a whipping:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
Tokyo Seagull said:
I take it you're a Senators fan then Juan.?

Yeah he is but was quiet when we beat them in the play off's during the last season.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Tokyo Seagull said:
I take it you're a Senators fan then Juan.?

Yep-he's the one...

BendyThumbs

Feb 26, 2005
Toronto
Juan you live in Toronto, but are a Senators fan?

That is a sin, i remember the one Senator fan at my school...it would have been much easier if he remained in the closet with the rest.

Juan Albion

I don't live in Toronto. Never have.

I'm a fan of the Sens because they treated a good friend of mine very well when he had terminal cancer. He was their assistant coach - although near the end he was head coach again for a game against the Leafs, which the Sens won, of course.

He also coached the Leafs but I expect that was just job experience before getting a 'real job.' :lolol:

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Juan Albion said:
I don't live in Toronto. Never have.

I'm a fan of the Sens because they treated a good friend of mine very well when he had terminal cancer. He was their assistant coach - although near the end he was head coach again for a game against the Leafs, which the Sens won, of course.

He also coached the Leafs but I expect that was just job experience before getting a 'real job.' :lolol:

Would that be the ex-Leafs Head Coach with a street named after him in Peterborough?

Last edited:

Juan Albion

B.M.F said:
:salute: We have been very slow starting this season and do not know why. We have a better team than the last season played but are not cutting it on the ice yet. 8-0 is a bit of a whipping:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Actually I thought the Leafs have had a better start than expected. They even won 4 straight at one point I think.

And they may have a 'better team' for the 'old' NHL, but they are poorly equipped for the faster, more skillful NHL, which is why they got stonked by the Sens last night, who skated past them as if they didn't exist.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Ice hockey is a mental game, amazingly quick and hard to play (particularly if you don't know how to skate when you take it up), all this had me wondering what the chances are that Brighton might get an ice hockey team as I believe they are building a new rink at the marina.

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
Gully said:
Ice hockey is a mental game, amazingly quick and hard to play (particularly if you don't know how to skate when you take it up), all this had me wondering what the chances are that Brighton might get an ice hockey team as I believe they are building a new rink at the marina.

We used to have one if memory serves me right. Think they were calssed as one of the roughest around. Tigers I think but may be well off the mark.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
They were called the Tigers, there was an old Canadian bloke (now sadly departed) who ran the Anchor Inn in Storrington who had played for them in the 50's. It would be amazing if we could have a team again, surely they would have to be called the Tigers...

Eggmundo

U & I R listening to KAOS
Jul 8, 2003
Juan Albion said:
Indeed it would. Most wonderful guy you could ever meet. With the most amazing basement in his home full of toys for the boys.

For some reason, that sentence makes me concerned?

BendyThumbs

Feb 26, 2005
Toronto
I believe your friend is Roger Nielsen? RIP he was truly loved by all who loved the game. Nice to see him inducted into the Hall of Fame.

I have been playing hockey all my life, and love it (but not as much as football ;) . I have a couple friends who played hockey in the UK, one for the Cardiff Devils, and they said all the fans were respectful and great. Hopefully Brighton will get a team if they have an arena.

Where do you live Juan? Maybe another Albion fan close to me?

Last edited:

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
:nono: :nono: :nono:

Had a feeling you would be first to congratulate us Juan:(

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here